seanpistol's 01 Tundra

seanpistol

Explorer
“New” truck is already in the driveway. I'll post a pic and some details tomorrow, but it has more than double the horsepower and three times the torque. On 37s. With 6 speeds.

The new guy that got the Tundra is really cool. He had a first gen that he was starting to build, but realized it would take years to get where he wanted. He said within a couple years he wants to have cantilever and is going to bedliner it army green and keep tinkering. I'm super happy to sell it to someone like that. He appreciates what it is.

Honestly it was pretty damn sad to see it drive away today. I did feel quite a bit better though when I was driving the new truck! :D

tyv12

Adventurer
Haha, I always said for me the only truck I could ever switch to would have a 6 speed and a cummins, I'm sure it will be fun as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOTW

Its a real shame so many of the pictures are gone but this is still a great thread! awesome truck!

Oh...BTW, you haven't seen undercarriage rust until you have worked on a Minnesota truck!

seanpistol

Explorer
Here's the new truck -

Untitled by Sean Kaldhusdal, on Flickr

2002 Dodge Ram 2500
5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel
100 hp injectors
Edge programmer
intake, straight pipe
NV5600 6 speed with South Bend dual disc clutch
Raptor lift pump
1/2" fuel lines
4.5" Top Gun Customz long arm lift
37x12.5x17 Nitto MTs
Dana 60 front Dana 80 rear
4.10 gears
3rd gen brakes
new leather seats
I'm sure I'm forgetting things...

The guy I bought it from is a friend of mine. He's super meticulous and a super skilled mechanic. Everything is rebuilt or new on it. With the programmer turned all the way up it dynoed over 400 horsepower and about 1000 foot pounds- she is FAST!

I need to re-paint the hood and roof, retrofit some projectors, and I'm going to swap the tires for a set of Toyo R/Ts with the Mud and Snow rating. There won't be a build thread for this one.

Last edited:

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Cool. Shame you couldn't keep the tundra. That would be a great tow rig.

That thing won't fit down a lot of trails...haha

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Nice truck. At least keep posting updates of your adventures in the new rig

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seanpistol

Explorer
I'm hoping to pick up a slide in camper to use for some extended stays out in the wilderness. I would like to eventually build a crawler to tow down to Moab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles