seanpistol's 01 Tundra

tyv12

Adventurer
I ride in my friends cummins/manual trucks and I get the diesel bug too.... but then I hear about the amount of $$ they put into them to keep them go by and it cures me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanpistol

Explorer
local listing with contact info - https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/4144272

2001 Toyota Tundra V8 4x4 SR5 TRD access cab
4.7L V8 2UZ-FE
$16,500

-4.88 gears with ARB lockers front and rear
-manual transfer case with twin sticks
-Solo Motorsports 3.5" per side 14" long travel kit
-custom King coilovers with 18" 700 lb springs
-Camburg 3.5" extended axle shafts w/ Bates 930 boots
-built spare long travel CV
-Adjustable limit straps
-315/70r17 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3, 5000 miles on them
-real beadlocks- Method 105s
-firewall tubbed and fenders clearanced, zero tire rub
-rear 10" stroke Fox smoothies
-custom leaf pack with U-bolt flip
-Archive Garage shackle flip and 6" shackles
-231mm big brake caliper upgrade
-Custom stainless braided brake lines front and rear
-Total Chaos steering rack bushings and new power steering rack
-All-Pro sliders
-Custom rear high clearance bumper w/ hidden hitch
-Brute Force Fab front bumper
-Superwinch Tigershark 9500lb w/ synthetic rope
-LED fogs
-Morimoto HID projector retrofit
-full size 35" MTR spare
-roof and edge of fenders painted w/ white bedliner
-upgraded air intake
-DieHard Platinum Marine 31m battery with 1150 CCAs
-Flowmaster 40 muffler
-Pioneer AVIC-D3 head unit- GPS, DVD player with bypass
-6 position switch holder in overhead console
-Ultragauge
-Cobra 75wxst CB radio
-Firestick II 3' antenna
-new Subaru WRX heated seats
-Center console out of doublecab Tundra
-old school Bedslide
-48" Hi-Lift
-shovel
-toolbox
-custom bed rack
-CVT Mt. Bachelor rooftop tent with annex

This has been my daily driver for 7 years. The truck has 171,000 miles on the motor and transmission. The transfercase has less than 100k on it and the axles have been completely rebuilt, recently. The wheel bearings are new, the brakes are new(er), the steering rack is new, the ball joints, bushings, and tie rods are new, the seats are new. Only 5000 miles on the tires and wheels. This truck is in great mechanical shape. The price reflected doesn't even cover the cost of parts, let alone labor and the cost of the truck. This is a Tacoma killer.

36577397034_2c75f77743_b.jpg

IMG_6192 by Sean Kaldhusdal, on Flickr

Untitled by Sean Kaldhusdal, on Flickr

Last edited:

trailscape

Explorer
Any more details on those ditch lights you installed? I'm hoping something eventually comes along that I like better than my customized Firestik mounts/ditch brackets.

seanpistol

Explorer
They were a set of CBI prototypes I got from lhanson. Pretty sure they have an updated version he has now. Maybe they will come out soon?

seanpistol

Explorer
Haha, that's not true! And as always the price is less than listed for anyone from here. And in addition I'd keep the rooftop tent and knock off a significant amount if someone didn't want it. About a month ago someone from CA found an old ad for it somewhere online and sent me a text to see if it was still for sale. I said sure, for $20k! because I wasn't ready to sell it at that point in time.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Haha, that's not true! And as always the price is less than listed for anyone from here. And in addition I'd keep the rooftop tent and knock off a significant amount if someone didn't want it. About a month ago someone from CA found an old ad for it somewhere online and sent me a text to see if it was still for sale. I said sure, for $20k! because I wasn't ready to sell it at that point in time.

Haha im just poking fun man.

Though, id love this truck..what kinda gas mileage do you get? Or is more of a 0 ****s given king mileage like mine? hahaha And I wouldn't need the rtt..have 2..plus a wildernest. Wonder if the wildernest would fit..

seanpistol

Explorer
I actually average about 16.2 mpg... really not bad at all. My ultragauge claims that my average is 17.0 mpg over the past 1000 miles, but it's slightly overgeared.

I have never seen a Wildernest on a Tundra. It does have the exact same size bed as a T-100 but I haven't seen one on a T-100 either.

I'll say that if I keep the bed rack and the rooftop tent I'd knock $1,000 off the price. So that's $15,500 minus the additional "homie" discount... :D Anyone looking at this is aware of the time and money I have dumped into this thing and that the price doesn't make up for it. Luckily I ENJOY doing it, BUT... it's ready for a new home.

Last edited:

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
I actually average about 16.2 mpg... really not bad at all. My ultragauge claims that my average is 17.0 mpg over the past 1000 miles, but it's slightly overgeared.

I have never seen a Wildernest on a Tundra. It does have the exact same size bed as a T-100 but I haven't seen one on a T-100 either.

I'll say that if I keep the bed rack and the rooftop tent I'd knock $1,000 off the price. So that's $15,500 minus the additional "homie" discount... :D Anyone looking at this is aware of the time and money I have dumped into this thing and that the price doesn't make up for it. Luckily I ENJOY doing it, BUT... it's ready for a new home.

Yeah my google-foo merited nothing as well. Its a few inches wider but that could work better. The wildernest is a bit wider then my tacoma bed. Be interesting to try.

If i could, i would be asking about the homie discount :D but alas. I don't think it is in my budget for the time being.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne