seanpistol's 01 Tundra

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
The load rating is lower on the 315/70r17 Duratrac (3195#) than the 315/75r16 (3860#), so I could be wrong but maybe the 17 is only 2 ply?

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
https://www.fnwheels.com/new-products/fn-wheels-five-star/
five-star-banner3.jpg

I have these on my 06 DC Tundra with 265/75-16's ( my winter setup ) Just another option that I'd throw out there. I am happy with them.

That being said, when I retire my OEM 5 spokes, I'll be getting SCS F5's / Stealth's so you can;t go wrong.... love them.

silver60th

Sean, Goodyear doesn't endorse online forum reps per se, but if you need any info on the Duratracs I can track it down for you. I work for them in the south. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you some information; if I don't have an answer, I'll call an engineer.

That being said...excellent build. I'm in the (long) process of a 1GR-FE/RA60F swap on my Tundra and your build has been great to follow for inspiration. These Tundra's don't get near enough attention. Keep on!

Last edited:

utroda

Observer
I had the ST Maxx on my tundy they did well in the dirt and light mud but overall i didn't care for them, they were loud and hard and sucked in the rain and snow for the most part. After almost wreaking due to loosing traction in the rain the next day went back to BFG KO with load range E. Its been a year and i still have the little new tire knobs on inside tread on all 4.

utroda

Observer
Yeah np, thats just my 2 cent. They worked great during the summer but when the fall/winter came around they didn't perform to my standards, breaking loose with 1" of water and a few inches of snow doesn't cut it for me. Have you looked into the nitto trail grappler?

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
It seems that most people are happy with the STT, I'm sure the Pro will have similar reviews. I like the center tread section on the Pro it's very much like the Duratrac. Also they aren't super heavy for a mud tire. I just wish there were more reviews! They are too new.

Derek24

Explorer
It seems that most people are happy with the STT, I'm sure the Pro will have similar reviews. I like the center tread section on the Pro it's very much like the Duratrac. Also they aren't super heavy for a mud tire. I just wish there were more reviews! They are too new.

That's what I think to, looking like a duratrac. Tire reviews are so up and down, I take all reviews with a grain of salt and buy tires from brands that have been around for a while.

seanpistol

Explorer
True. Since I have already run Duratracs and very much liked them, and am tired of researching tires- I'm going to get the set of 315/75r16 Duratracs (3 ply sidewalls) and run them on my current wheels. If I see the need to change it up in the future, I'll do so.

Still not a big fan of my wheels and the stormtrooper look, but it's time to replace these tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94