Sealed box for a BlueSea Fuse block and relays

Scoutman

Explorer
Out of all the fuse block installs that have been posted on here I see that most of them are not in a sealed box under the hood (you expo trailer guys excluded). Are there any issues with mud/water/general-under-hood-nastiness or should I be thinking about finding a suitable sealed box for it all to go in? I'm looking to upgrade and re-do the wiring in our XJ to include a 4 relay block, 12 circuit fuse block, and so forth. Space is of course limited so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it or not.

If you did your install with a box can you post a picture and post what type of box it was?

Thanks

Scoutman

Explorer
That's nice. I have one of those project boxes that may be big enough but my concern was getting into it quickly and the screw on lid wouldn't allow that. I guess a circuit breaker on the outside would allow you to kill all aftermarket accessory power if you needed to quickly.

Forbye

Observer
I just picked up this one for mine:

SP1200%20Blk%20open_size3.JPG

$11.99 @ http://www.gr8gear.com/Plastic-Storage-Box-Small.html#.VrWAgKPTljo

Or you could just add thumb screws:

s-l225.jpg

Last edited:

andoor

Observer
How tall is that box? Also, how much clearance do you have on top of it with the hood closed?

I believe the box is about 3.75" high. I am not sure on the exact clearance, but I know it does not hit the underside of the hood.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
You could always grab another factory box and relays from a yard. Then wire it to your needs. Just a thought.

RedF

Adventurer
I regularly use Scepter boxes for electronic enclosures on medium trucks, with the intent of the components lasting 400,000 kms (the service life of the truck).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles