SE Colorado Backroads

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Spent sometime the other day after hiking Vogul Canyon on the backroads of SE Colorado to see if I could find any ghost towns, abandoned ranches and the like.

The start of nothingness.

Former Ninaview Store was somewhere kiddy-corner to the building on the left.

What's left of the Toonerville area. The wind was blowing and as it past the old house it made kind of a creepy whirling noise. There is also an old house just down the way but I didn't stop there.

I'm assuming this is all that is left of Ruxton. I couldn't spot anything else in the area.

Somewhere out of B Road/ TT.5 road

A long train in the background split in two as to not block the road, there are two ranches/houses in the background. Deora, area.

Crumbling barn.

Lunch spot and turnaround location.

Back down the road and on to home.

Crumbling structure on the way out.

The area is pretty desolate outside of some scattered ranches new and old, lots and lots of private land so not much in the way of areas to camp, wind mills further out and we'll pretty much nothing. I ran into three other vehicles out there all waved and probably wondered what the heck I was doing out there.

This was a great way to spend the day.

I've spent alot of time lately just using the camera on my cell phone and not my actual camera so the photos are a mix of two and me needing to start using my camera again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94