Scrubber Blade

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I have a bug problem in the fjc on long road trips. The only thing that really works for me is a good cleaning with the free scrubbers at the fuel pump when I fuel up which is every 3 to 3.5 hours anyway.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Put some hydrogen peroxide and water in a spray bottle and keep it in the rig ----- spray your windshield, start the pump, then go and wash the windshield. The bugs come off easier.

I'm going to try some of the nano-stuff treatment. Looks promising.

motrhed

Observer
Up here we use windshield bug wash (primarily pink in colour) in the summer as the mosquitos and other flying insects can be thick and make a mess of the front end/windshield. Works great with a good set of wiper blades, just don't let the bugs cook on in the sun. When the temps start dropping below freezing we change over to winter windshield washer fluid (generally blue in colour) that is good down to about -40.
Simple and easy, no fuss or extra strain on the OEM wiper system... it's been working for decades!

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Are you driving a Jeep? How many miles do you put on per year?

I find my Jeep eats wipers for breakfast. However, I am also anal about my vision out of my rigs. I usually change 2 sets on my mazda 5 as well. The amount of salt and crap used on the roads up here eat them too. Also, in all honestly I don't care about spending 20 bucks 4 times a year to see really good. I hate streaky wipers.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Follow the directions to a "T"! Make sure the glass is 100% clean.
Well, the glass was too hot when I put the stuff on. I used Aquapel, btw. Was easier to get. http://www.aquapel.com/
I had to buff the living bejebus out of the windshield to get rid of the haze ---- my fault. I put it on my wife's FIAT too.

Glory. This stuff is wondrous. It's been two weeks, over 1000 miles, and there's nary a bug on the windshield. The bug wash works with the new blades and actually gets the epoxy-guts disappeared. I haven't used a gas station squeegee one time.
Dang.
Wish I had heard of this stuff sooner.
Wife is loving it too.

And what kojack is saying is true. Jeeps eat wipers; it's the upright windshield. Bugs stick worse on Jeep windshields and the epoxy-guts eat the blades up.
Try the slippery stuff, kojack.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I shall do just that! thanks for the tip. Now, if only it could stop the shattering of my screens from rocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior