Screen house for camping

troutbum1

I did a search on the site for screen houses and came up with very few. I'm looking for a model or two that you might recommend for a gift for the oldest kid that won't break the bank. Nemo and Eureka come with high reviews but are fairly expensive. Clam might work but they come in a bag that's 6' long so packing it in a car could be a challenge.

Any suggestions would be great as the online sources bring up some fairly low end models. I'm thinking price somewhere between $175-$250. No need for a floor, just something to keep out the light rain we get in Michigan almost every week.

Thanks for any ideas.

T.

billiebob

Why go online? Every spring every camping, hardware, home store have offerings. Shop local retail and support your community.

Dr Gil

I did a search on the site for screen houses and came up with very few. I'm looking for a model or two that you might recommend for a gift for the oldest kid that won't break the bank. Nemo and Eureka come with high reviews but are fairly expensive. Clam might work but they come in a bag that's 6' long so packing it in a car could be a challenge.

Any suggestions would be great as the online sources bring up some fairly low end models. I'm thinking price somewhere between $175-$250. No need for a floor, just something to keep out the light rain we get in Michigan almost every week.

Thanks for any ideas.

T.

Coleman Instant Screenhouse
This is a screen canopy. Coleman also makes a screen tent

mmp3823

Observer
We also have the Gazelle. Bought it at Expo a couple of years ago. It's kind of long but sets up quickly.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
You didn't specify if you need detached-from-vehicle or not, but one of the reasons we switched to the ARB awning was for the accessories - my wife is intolerant of insects during meal time, etc. so the screen room add-on to the 2500 awning gets a lot of use:

screen_room.jpg

We like this because it lets us move directly from van to "living room", and it's easy to attach to the awning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94