Scout Olympic vs Kenai

GeorgeHayduke

That’s an interesting way to use that exterior wardrobe hatch. I’ve been scratching my head about how to use it, got any other ideas on what it’ll be useful for?

SigSanDiego

Thanks for feedback. I’ve looked all over for RinseKit alternative and Joolca is it. I’d get Hottap kit pack and keep it in that shower cubby In Kenai.

I would not make it permanent Install. I’d want option (like you said) to tap into local water source or use their En-suite Shower Tent. Easy to route propane to that space. I think in my calculations the Joolca solution bumped the Kenai up a notch in my book.

svinyard

The Scout's have these upper storage brackets where you can hang bags off of them. I'm not super hot on just hanging gearbags off of those hooks and the ones they sell are pretty dang expensive for a simple hang bag. I'm considering something from Adventure Wagon (out of Portland). They make some sweet Mule Overhead Locker bags that install into custom Sprinter Vans. (photo below). I bet one of those (4ft long, 14" deep) installed to the right of the window over the fridge would be SWEET...and not block the window or cause headroom issues. Then the other side could be for hanging bags if I want (I have some nice Dakine Descent MTB gear bags that work well for everything). There are also a bunch of modular/removeable bags that fit inside of them. They also fold up flat when not in use.

lighter

Last edited:

SigSanDiego

Good point. I just saw lots of soft hanging storage options at Van Exp Tahoe.

And those those Brackets should be aluminum L-track rails like all the high end overlander SS and van conversions builds are using.

svinyard

Good point. I just saw lots of soft hanging storage options at Van Exp Tahoe.

And those those Brackets should be aluminum L-track rails like all the high end overlander SS and van conversions builds are using.

Very cool! Any brands that you remember? I can only seem to find the Mule ones, which are pretty dang nice.

Yeah the Mule bag does mount to the L-track rails...but obviously those L-track rails don't exist on the scout. They have the big metal brackets with the holes on them. That being said, the bags just bolt on...it could likely be anything but swapping out for those L-tracks would be pretty dang cool and likely come in handy for other stuff.

I've seen some internal, wire shelving that was DIY and would fit directly above the window area. That might be nice for some extra storage and really cheap...but it'd have to be hard mounted, and I'm not sure how to bolt something through the wall. Anyone familiar with that?

SigSanDiego

I will look for the manufactures that we saw. I think if you contacted scout when you order your camper they might be able to delete those hangers and put in L track instead I don’t see why not

SigSanDiego

From Scout today:

Hey Chris,
The space where the RinseKit will sit will come with a 12v plug with or without the Rinsekit. You might be able to split or run a new propane line through existing holes as the Newport furnace propane line runs right beside that compartment. I am not sure about the Joolca but the space is 25.5w x 31 3/8h x 17 3/4' d
Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks again

svinyard

Nice! That's a fairly large space. Might be best to use it for general storage that maximizes the space (perhaps Joolca kit in there too). Then when you want to setup the Joolca, you hang it from a dedicated hanger near there.

I have an email into Ryan about "how to bolt stuff to the Kenai walls/ceiling". I think there is a lot of opportunity for one or two decent/modular overhead storage options, but I need to figure out how to do that lol.

I looked at all of those Vendors and found that Adventure Wagon and Paradigm Van had some overhead bags. The Adventure Wagon stuff is really nice, especially if you can get some L track mounted (Scout should just go that way anyways for one side). The Paradigm stuff was more rudimentary but likely very well made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior