Scored a fridge! Norcold TEK II

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Norcold tek 2 640c for 200$

Now tell me all
About it and how bad I ****************. So far it seems to be running well and looks very similar to an Engel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Well, I'll take it I made a good buy. Look forward to using it :)

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Not familiar with that fridge, does it have a compressor? If so which one? As long as it's working you are further ahead of the game that I was when a "trusted seller" on another forum screwed us by selling us his one owner (two owner + 2 years of 24/7 demo use) fridge that was DOA. Sounds like a hell of a deal.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
It's looks dead nuts similar to a engel uses the same plugs and everything. Looks older in paint and materials used labeling and such. I know there was a difference in compressors sawafuji vs danfoss I don't know what this is or how old it really might be. It turns on and gets cold my non contact thermometer has read a low of 30 F once but it's not super reliable. I was looking at the wireless thermometers I e seen talked abOut to help dial it in maybe. I have an engel 17 and this looks about the perfect size. The 17 was just to small

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
So on ac it's been running 24/7 as a beer fridge and just chugging right along. I've seen some talk about addin an internal fan? And light? I'm still trying to figure out what numbers equate to what temp. My 17 has a a dial that says fridge and freeze with the numbers and the spacing is different. This one is evenly spaced 1-5 no other info

ChadHahn

Adventurer
Wal-Mart sells a wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer for about $10. I bought one and stuck the sensor about halfway up the wall to measure the temp in my fridge.

Chad

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Halfway up my wall is the cooling plate sort of wraps all the way around. I'll slide by a wallyworld and cruise the isles looking for it. How big was the unit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online