Schutt Industries - Xventure Owners

Dcliddy

Is the unit actually damaged or simply not working? I ask because mine has been a little finicky as of late so if it's not working I'm happy to give some tips to get it up and running again.
Water looks to becoming out of the unit, not where the hoses attache to the unit. I have not tried to work on the heating unit itself and have been waiting for some coaching advice from from Shutt. It looks as if I can schedule a discussion with one of Shutt's expert next week. I have a Trident (maybe misspelled) water heater that is installed in the back of the galley pull out drawer. It is a very tight place to work and a bit nervous jumping in without some guidance.

Russ Chung

Observer
I have had my XV-3 with the deluxe pull out galley for about three years. In that time, the Camp Chef 5 liter Trident water heater has sprung leaks three times. The first two times, the problem was a loose fitting inside the water heater. The first time, I left the water heater in place, took the cover off and had very little room to work with, but I was able to get an open end wrench on the fitting and tightened it enough to stop the leak. That lasted a few months, then it began to leak again. The second time, I took the water heater completely off. In order to do so, I had to take the cover off the galley box in order to get access to the water heater mounting bolts and to disconnect the water lines. With the water heater on my workbench, I had more room to work, I tightened the fitting and reinstalled the water heater. That lasted over a year and then the mounting brackets broke, so I purchased a new Camp Chef Trident water heater. Before I installed it, I removed the cover and tightened the fitting (it was loose). Recently, the water heater began to leak again. I again removed it and discovered that this time, the leak was due to a crack in the heat exchanger. Unfortunately, Camp Chef's web site shows that the 5 liter Trident water heater is out of stock. For the time being, I have bypassed the water heater connection by using a 1/2" pipe nipple between the cold water inlet (the blue PEX line) and the hot water outlet (the red PEX line).

GrifnOg1

Picked up a loaded 2017 XV-2 from another member a few months ago and have since added some Black Rhino Arsenals, 35” Ridge Grapplers, a Dometic CFX3 35 fridge, and a custom wrap.

I also found a simple way to quiet down the rack with these little wedges. They work great to keep things quiet when you set up camp or if the rack is in the lowest position they will stay wedged while you are moving.

Loving the trailer so far and looking forward to getting a few winter trips down south.
View attachment 633435
View attachment 633432View attachment 633433View attachment 633434
Oh man I love that wrap! Who wrapped that for you? I have a 2019 with the exact same wheels, and I wrapped mine in a dark grey as well (originally white) minus the topography design of course.

Attachments

• F1054012-B589-4FA3-B8FC-AF15CA734DEA.jpeg
    F1054012-B589-4FA3-B8FC-AF15CA734DEA.jpeg
    803.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 96B3DB56-B19F-4444-AC64-8ADAF5C59FC5.jpeg
    96B3DB56-B19F-4444-AC64-8ADAF5C59FC5.jpeg
    786.5 KB · Views: 52

harryx46

Hello, I have a "new-to-us" hardly used XV2. Replaced the batteries this week to start testing the systems. What is the "EXP" switch for? The Rack/Galley lights don't work, suggestions? Going to move on the water system next. Does everyone use a brake controller? Thanks for your help.

emulous74

Hello, I have a "new-to-us" hardly used XV2. Replaced the batteries this week to start testing the systems. What is the "EXP" switch for? The Rack/Galley lights don't work, suggestions? Going to move on the water system next. Does everyone use a brake controller? Thanks for your help.
You need to post pictures of your setup, Schutt has changed the electrical setups throughout the years, you may just need to change the fuses in the distribution (Blue Sea, typically) block.

harryx46

You need to post pictures of your setup, Schutt has changed the electrical setups throughout the years, you may just need to change the fuses in the distribution (Blue Sea, typically) block.

Here's the switch panel. I'll have to get pic of fuses.

Attachments

• 20210520_102849.jpg
    20210520_102849.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 34

emulous74

My EXP isn't attached to anything. For the rack/gallery lights you're going to have to trace the wiring, start with the lights themselves, mine connect inside the trailer towards the the opening on the side opposite to the water heater, there are also connection point above the mudflaps. Mine came with a wiring diagram, so you might want to look for that, mine's a 2011 and I have the same switches and distribution block. But I would first check all the fuses and see if they need to be replaced or not, while you have the cover off, make sure the connectors are screwed tightly down and not corroded, then I'd do the tracing from the lights down the wiring to the where they are connected on the trailer.

harryx46

My EXP isn't attached to anything. For the rack/gallery lights you're going to have to trace the wiring, start with the lights themselves, mine connect inside the trailer towards the the opening on the side opposite to the water heater, there are also connection point above the mudflaps. Mine came with a wiring diagram, so you might want to look for that, mine's a 2011 and I have the same switches and distribution block. But I would first check all the fuses and see if they need to be replaced or not, while you have the cover off, make sure the connectors are screwed tightly down and not corroded, then I'd do the tracing from the lights down the wiring to the where they are connected on the trailer.
Thanks! I'll start with fuse and go from there. I don't see a wire diagram in the manual.

jareda80

Oh man I love that wrap! Who wrapped that for you? I have a 2019 with the exact same wheels, and I wrapped mine in a dark grey as well (originally white) minus the topography design of course.

Thanks. I had a friend design it and wrap it for me. The dark gray and Black Rhino wheels looks great!

Aspec44

Welcome to the Xventure family! I pull an XV-3 and use a Redarc Tow Pro Elite V3 as a brake controller. It was super easy to install in my 4Runner and works extremely well on and off road. Highly recommended !

Superpanga

Just took delivery today! Thanks to the whole crew at OK4Wd in Stewartsville, NJ. Set me all up. Wish this shop was closer to home!

Slogged through traffic on the way home, so barely made it before dark- so pics will have to follow. Looking forward to moving gear from the 2door JK!

I will say that it was a dream to drive- hardly noticed it there behind the Jeep. Managed highways speeds just fine. I also had a RedArc Tow Pro Elite installed. Haven't investigated enough to weigh in or really dial it in. Need some daylight and another day off!

Superpanga

Hey gang- looks like I have a busted hose. The one running from the water heater to the shower. Seems a zip-tie dug through the "armor" and abraded the hose. I haven't started to look at how one disassembles the galley unit to get to such a thing, and as mentioned earlier, the manuals are not exactly helpful. Any advice on disassembly?

(Super bummed to be taking this thing apart with less than 200 road miles. Trailer itself seems very well built, but starting to think maybe the systems portion isn't Schutt's strong suit.... Some other electrical gremlins in there too. )

Russ Chung

Observer
Superpanga,

Do you have the deluxe slide-out galley? If so, you simply remove the 18 countersunk screws holding the cover on the galley box. Once you've removed the cover, and extended the slides, you will see all of the gas and water lines (and some of the electrical lines). If you don't have the slide out galley, then someone else will have to chime in.

Russ

Superpanga

Superpanga,

Do you have the deluxe slide-out galley? If so, you simply remove the 18 countersunk screws holding the cover on the galley box. Once you've removed the cover, and extended the slides, you will see all of the gas and water lines (and some of the electrical lines). If you don't have the slide out galley, then someone else will have to chime in.

Russ
Thanks- yes, took a better look at the construction and before I had assumed i'd need to disassemble the slide/galley. Tonight I realized I could do as you say- cover then just move it all out of the way. Props to OK4WD for getting Schutt to send replacement hose. As soon as it gets here, will tackle it. FWIW, the ziptie holding the hoses together was so tight it crushed the armored wrap and abraded the hose beneath. I plan on removing all zipties and replacing with either a loom type solution or at least chafe-protection beneath zipties. Really not happy to be doing engineering on a new rig that ain't exactly cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke