Schutt Industries - Xventure Owners

8-track

Hi everyone – I’m a new XV3 owner. I’m really struggling to figure out how to fill the water tank. It fills incredibly slowly. Like maybe 4-5 gallons an hour. I double checked and there are no kinks in the hose. Does anybody have any suggestions or is this normal?

Russ Chung

Observer
That’s NOT right! I can fill my water tank in 3 or 4 minutes from a garden hose and the pump drains the tank in about 12 to 15 minutes. If you’re sure the fill line is not kinked, the vent line might be kinked or obstructed. To test my theory, open the drain valve on the bottom of the tank and let the water run out as you try to fill it. If it’s still slow, then the fill line is obstructed. If it’s faster, then the vent line is probably the problem.

Last edited:

Russ Chung

Observer
Because of the pandemic, I last used my XV-3 trailer in January. It has been parked in my garage since March. But I'm getting ready to go camping on Labor Day weekend. I think I need to flush and disinfect the water system. I vaguely remember something about using swimming pool chlorine to disinfect the water system, but I don't remember the amount to use and how long to leave it in the tank before flushing it out. Any suggestions?

joram_ph_my82

Just purchased a used 2018 XV3 Deluxe Plus and So far we really like it. Excited to get it out in the coming weeks as it cools down here in AZ!
We also just received our new XV3 pulling it with 5th gen 4runner. We are excited to text it out at Death Valley this coming October. I want to find Xventure owners to do some overlanding trip with.

TxTyphoon

Just purchased a 2017 XV2 with most of the options. From talking to Tim at Xventure it appears to be a demo unit that was sold out of Oklahoma at some point. It needed some TLC but have it mostly patched up and ready for our initial trip. Its got a Tepui Atuna XL RTT with annex, dual batteries, ARB fridge, ARB compressor, Zamp solar controller with Overland Solar 90W panels, folding tonneau, and came with a spare tire but no mount.

Had to put new batteries in, went with Optima Yellow tops as I could source them local. Flushed the water tank and discovered a number of T's under the hot water heater were leaking. Got that fixed last night after a quick trip to Lowes for parts/tools. Contacted RuggedLiners and got some new seals for the tonneau on the way.

A few things left to do:

1. Grease wheel bearings
2. Adjust hand brakes, I'm concerned its been pulled with them on as I found them in the on state when I picked it up and they don't appear to be working. Hopefully there are some shoes left.
3. Fix the rear and aft passenger side lights. The harness that they plug into doesn't have power though I have confirmed they work by swapping the connection with the bed lights on that side.

Does anyone know if there is a seal that goes over the lip of the front box? It had water in it when I picked it up.

Any other tips or tricks from seasoned owners?

XV2.jpg

I’m now one of you. I just received an email from Tim at Schutt and my XV-3 is ready, there’s been some delays due to the virus. I’m beyond excited! I’ve been researching this and similar trailers for a couple years and zero‘d in on the XV-3 a year ago. I’m towing with a 93 Toyota Pickup V6, theres a story there, so I went with the XV-3 over the XV-2 due to lighter weight. By March my two dogs and I will be living on the road full time driving the backroads of the US and Canada from one remote fly fishing location to the next. I got the trailer fully equipped except for roof top tent, I had a custom memory foam mattress made to fit in the back of my truck and I’m not lifting two 70lbs dogs into a RTT either, and I already have a Camp Partner stove and kitchen setup so I skipped getting the built in galley. I got the two battery setup but I’m going to pull those and upgrade to several Battleborn lithium batteries. I’m driving to Wisconsin to pick it up the first week of December. Let the adventure begin!

Last edited:

joram_ph_my82

I’m now one of you. I just received an email from Tim at Schutt and my XV-3 is ready, there’s been some delays due to the virus. I’m beyond excited! I’ve been researching this and similar trailers for a couple years and zero‘d in on the XV-3 a year ago. I’m towing with a 93 Toyota Pickup V6, theres a story there, so I went with the XV-3 over the XV-2 due to lighter weight. By March my two dogs and I will be living on the road full time driving the backroads of the US and Canada from one remote fly fishing location to the next. I got the trailer fully equipped except for roof top tent, I had a custom memory foam mattress made to fit in the back of my truck and I’m not lifting two 70lbs dogs into a RTT either, and I already have a Camp Partner stove and kitchen setup so I skipped getting the built in galley. I got the two battery setup but I’m going to pull those and upgrade to several Battleborn lithium batteries. I’m driving to Wisconsin to pick it up the first week of December. Let the adventure begin!
Grea

If all went as planed I’d have picked up my XV-3 yesterday and be on my way home. I hit a snag in the middle of Wyoming driving out to Wisconsin and Schutt Industries. I hit a patch of ice and rolled my truck, it’s totaled. I’m ok, just some very minor scrapes and scratches. I was trapped in the truck until several young guys stopped and helped me, the truck landed on the drivers side and the cab was crushed down, I had to climb up to get out the passenger door. I’m sad at the loss of my truck, I really liked her, but I can’t begin to express how grateful I am my two dogs were enjoying a cozy stay at the Doggy Day Care back home. The shell on the truck was destroyed. If they had been back there I’m sure they wouldn’t have survived. The reason I’m alive and unharmed I’m sure has a lot to do with I was only going 45 miles an hour. Most other traffic was going that speed except for a couple idiots. I’m also happy it happened on the way there and not coming home with the trailer in tow.
I’ve got a 88 Chevy G20 Van that has a tow package so when I’m ready I’ll use that to pick up the trailer. I’m seriously considering it as my next off road rig. I’m spending this weekend researching 4x4 van conversions. I’ll get the van into the mechanic Monday for a check up and fluid change in prep for the trip.

JamieD

Wanted to follow up and see how you made out getting out to get your trailer. Looking forward to seeing some pictures and how the delivery went. Hope you have a safe trip. I just ordered mine and home to get it in March

JamieD
Wolf Precision
www.wolfprecision.net

Wanted to follow up and see how you made out getting out to get your trailer. Looking forward to seeing some pictures and how the delivery went. Hope you have a safe trip. I just ordered mine and home to get it in March

JamieD
Wolf Precision
www.wolfprecision.net
I'm still in the recovery phase of the aborted first trip, lol. I've lined up an 88 Chevy Suburban to replace my totaled truck. It's at the mechanics now getting a Redarc brake controller installed, oil change, exhaust work and the power window motors replaced, and other odd work. It's off road ready so I won't have to do much there other then cargo rack on top, rear and front bumpers and winch. I'm not risking bad roads again so I won't make my next trip to get the trailer until late February or march.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles