Schutt Industries - Xventure Owners

Russ Chung

Observer
I took my XV-3 to the 2019 Quartfest ham radio convention in Quartzsite, AZ last month. Since I was base camping for the whole week, I set up the annex room on my CVT Mt. Shasta Summit tent. Because of its weight and bulk, I don't set up the annex room if I'm only camping for one night.

IMGP2685.jpg

I have an ARB awning and the slide-out galley

IMGP2704.jpg

I mounted my ham radio antenna on the receiver of my trailer

IMGP2695.jpg

The weather was cool, clear and sunny. Typical Arizona weather for this time of year

IMGP2707.jpg

Last edited:

Russ Chung

Observer
The XV-3 slide out galley is a factory option. I ordered it last Spring but it wasn’t ready until September. My dealer (99 West Trailers) told me I had the first production model of the slide out galley.

PacificNorthWestJeeper

Blissfully Lost
I took my XV-3 to the 2019 Quartfest ham radio convention in Quartzsite, AZ last month. Since I was base camping for the whole week, I set up the annex room on my CVT Mt. Shasta Summit tent. Because of its weight and bulk, I don't set up the annex room if I'm only camping for one night.

View attachment 497345

I have an ARB awning and the slide-out galley

View attachment 497346

I mounted my ham radio antenna on the receiver of my trailer

View attachment 497347

The weather was cool, clear and sunny. Typical Arizona weather for this time of year

View attachment 497348

have you tried folding the annex and laying it across the top of the tent before the tent is folded and stored?
Or have you tried folding the tent, folding the annex and then laying the annex on top of the folded tent and then putting the travel cover on?
Reason I ask is I just installed my tent on my trailer and to your point that annex isn't small. Just trying to figure out a better place to put it for travel rather than taking up all that room inside my trailer..
thanks...

Russ Chung

Observer
No, I have not tried folding the annex and putting it inside the tent before folding it or putting it on the outside after folding the tent. I have folded the tent with my sleeping bag inside and so long as I carefully tuck in the tent side material when I fold the tent, I have no problem getting the travel cover on. I think that there is enough room inside to store your sleeping bag(s) or a folded annex, but not both. I don't think you can store anything outside the folded tent and still get the travel cover on. The difference is that when you store items inside the folded tent, you can sit on the tent and use the straps to compress the mattress to squeeze the tent closed and get the cover on. I suppose that you should pose this question in the Roof Top Tent forum. Also, my CVT tent is the Summit series which has the heavier fabric (380g) compared to the Pioneer series which has the standard fabric (280g).

Kevin Braun

Mountain Biker
I've tried it with my older series CVT; no go; not intended to do so, and nor do I recommend it after trying it.
Fabric vs friction = bad

I havent tried it with my new summit series yet but I echo the same above; room enough for gear INSIDE the tent but wouldn't try it otherwise.
I've had a conversation with Bobby at CVT about this same question. Just one of those things....

TRD Burglar

Hey All,

Just recently put a deposit on a XV1 to start a build. Cant wait to get end of February.
Had a quick question about attachment of racks. Are the points on the trailer walls are they "receivers" and the uprights slide into them?

Just looking at some different options for tent mounting.

I just pick up a "new to me" XV-1. I'm in a similar boat on mounting a tent. It currently has an XV Crossbar Kit installed, but it's not ideal for mounting my Alu-Cab tent. I'm about to change it over to an elevating 80/20 rack with lift assist.
The uprights on the Cross Bar Kit are basically "receivers" for the upper portion of the elevating uprights. If you already have them it will save you about $300 if you buy an elevating rack.

I just pick up a "new to me" XV-1. I'm in a similar boat on mounting a tent. It currently has an XV Crossbar Kit installed, but it's not ideal for mounting my Alu-Cab tent. I'm about to change it over to an elevating 80/20 rack with lift assist.
The uprights on the Cross Bar Kit are basically "receivers" for the upper portion of the elevating uprights. If you already have them it will save you about $300 if you buy an elevating rack.

yeah I think that's the way to go. I have an Alu-Cab Tent but its on my Rhino Pioneer Rack which is on my XV-3.

Kevin Braun

Mountain Biker
I had mentioned to Tim once that they should have an Xventure social one night; who knows if it will happen.

At East year ago when I worked the event; he had some nice aluminum pints and tshirts.
Mario with AT always puts on a good show with his famous adult beverages...

Buffdeez

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone can provide some detail or advice for adjusting the handbrakes. Ive taken a look at the system and can't figure out how to tighten it up

Cheers in advance

Azteca90

Glad I found this group as I can't seem to find any other online forum for Xventure users. I bought my trailer used in February and have been having a blast with it. Located in AZ.

Attachments

• SCC01159.jpg
    SCC01159.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 71

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne