Schutt Industries - Xventure Owners

JBSTRD

I rented an XV2 because I wanted to try before buying. Camped near Zion then on to Taylor Park Reservoir for 7 days. The firm who rented it to me suggested I use a ratchet strap to hold the tailgate in place as the latch pin plates were bent outward. I’m glad I did because, after an 8 hour drive, the pins unseated and the strap was the only thing holding the tailgate up. I have no idea how old the trailer is, how many times it’s been used, whether the plates got bent due to one event, or heavy use over time.
.View attachment 732073View attachment 732074View attachment 732075View attachment 732076

Anyone have any issues with their tailgate latches?

Thats bizarre. I have a 2015 and my latches are in great shape. Nothing under normal use should bend those and their sole purpose is to hold the tailgate closed, which doesn’t require heavy duty brackets. It appears one of the previous renters must have done something to cause them to bend, obviously. But, I don’t believe that is a common problem.

Aspec44

I rented an XV2 because I wanted to try before buying. Camped near Zion then on to Taylor Park Reservoir for 7 days. The firm who rented it to me suggested I use a ratchet strap to hold the tailgate in place as the latch pin plates were bent outward. I’m glad I did because, after an 8 hour drive, the pins unseated and the strap was the only thing holding the tailgate up. I have no idea how old the trailer is, how many times it’s been used, whether the plates got bent due to one event, or heavy use over time.
.View attachment 732073View attachment 732074View attachment 732075View attachment 732076

Anyone have any issues with their tailgate latches?
I have an XV-3 so single latch, but after 2 years of use it isn't bent at all.

jetlau3

Question for the group . I purchased an older XV-2 from a friend and took it out last weekend . Overall was really fun. Towed like a dream behind my Jeep .

the one issue I had was that the water ran out quickly .. after 2 nights of camping . I had filled it before and was surprised . Pump was running but no more water coming out . I filled it again when I got home and measured that only about 10 gallons goes in before water starts coming out of the overflow pipe on the passenger side .

is the issue with the pump not reaching the bottom of the tank?

how would I fix this ? Tried crawling under but the skidplate blocks almost everything

Attachments

• 4D5750BA-CDE9-4010-AA27-340DEE944761.jpeg
    4D5750BA-CDE9-4010-AA27-340DEE944761.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 39

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
is the issue with the pump not reaching the bottom of the tank?

how would I fix this ? Tried crawling under but the skidplate blocks almost everything

Sure sounds like it.

Take off the skid plate or whatever is blocking access to the tank, and figure out where the water intake port is, then re-mount the water tank (with spacers as necessary) such that it is sloped towards that water intake port when the trailer is level.

emulous74

Sure sounds like it.

Take off the skid plate or whatever is blocking access to the tank, and figure out where the water intake port is, then re-mount the water tank (with spacers as necessary) such that it is sloped towards that water intake port when the trailer is level.
My understanding with the older XV-2's is that the water tanks have a large baffle between them and the pump only pulls from one of them. I have the same issue with mine and was told the newer tanks have a smaller baffle.

harryx46

Considering some upgrades to my XV-2 and would appreciate thoughts:
  • Has anyone installed a slide-out bed tray like CargoGlide or BedSlide? I hate having to maneuver gear around all the time to access it under the hard tonneau cover.
  • How about a truck bed camper shell or wedge camper (GoFastCamper, Super Pacific, etc)? Seems like the RTT, awning, lights can all be remounted on the shell/wedge camper.
  • What is everyone's estimated tongue weight? The batteries, full fridge and propane bottle make up a lot of front-end weight.

@harryx46 I’m also planning some upgrades to a XV-1 that I just purchased, including a sliding bed tray.

Suggest you scan local CL and FB ads for used slide trays as new ones can be $1K+. I’m eyeing a local 36”x89” motor home takeout slide tray for $500.

I’m also in need of a bedcover (not camper cover). Besides the official Truxedo cover sold that Schutte sells, I’m wondering if anyone else has found a standard truck bed cover that works (I can’t after cross-referencing XV1 bed dimensions to truck bed dimensions) or simply made one from aluminum tube and sheet?

harryx46

@harryx46 I’m also planning some upgrades to a XV-1 that I just purchased, including a sliding bed tray.

Suggest you scan local CL and FB ads for used slide trays as new ones can be $1K+. I’m eyeing a local 36”x89” motor home takeout slide tray for $500.

I’m also in need of a bedcover (not camper cover). Besides the official Truxedo cover sold that Schutte sells, I’m wondering if anyone else has found a standard truck bed cover that works (I can’t after cross-referencing XV1 bed dimensions to truck bed dimensions) or simply made one from aluminum tube and sheet?
Thanks for suggestions. I'll review motor home slide trays (didn't think of that one). Already thought about FB Marketplace. The folding cover just isn't very convenient.

FarmerFrederico

Adventurer
I’m interested in a used XV3 and see a couple in the classifieds - a 2017 and a 2018. Anyone know of any issues (like water tank/pump) issues from those years?

I’m 6’2”, what do I need to know about mounting an awning I can stand under for that model year?

thanks!

FarmerFrederico

Adventurer
Another question I have for owners beyond mounting an awning so that I can stand under it at 6’2” I have a swing-out hitch for my bikes. If I mount it on the 2” receiver of an XV3, will I be able to open the rear door of the trailer? See my photo for context, but I worry that part of the latch the locks the swing out hitch in travel mode stands too tall to allow me to open the rear door. I could flip the entire latch system to operate from below instead of above, but that would still stick up about 0.75-1” higher than the top of the 2” shaft going into the receiver.

Having a bike-rack off the back is absolutely necessary because I have a Wrangler. If this setup will work with an XV3, does anyone have anything to say about either of these used trailers?

2018 - XV3

2017 - XV3

AEFEFA75-6E7E-4FE1-8B1B-97DC10A523DC.jpeg

TwinStick

Explorer
Questions for Schutt Industries :

Can your X2 be had with the fridge compartment on passenger side and electric compartment on drivers side ?

Can the X3 be had with the kitchen slide on passengers side and electric compartment on drivers side ?

I know that it's an "offroad" trailer but we do use Campgrounds as well and all the Campgrounds around us are set up for passenger side access, the drivers side is usually a 12" drop that faces thick vegetation and is wet as soon as you are off the gravel, so drivers side anything is not easily accessible. And they have rules, with fines, if the campers are not backed in with hitch facing the road.

Also, is there a option for amber rock lights for bugs or red for keeping your night vision ?

Thanks for the help. I tried calling today, but nobody there today could answer my questions.

Last edited:

emulous74

All X2's that I have seen over the last 10 years have the fridge on the driver side and the electrics on the passenger side.

TwinStick

Explorer
It is confirmed, by Schutt, that there is no provision or option for the kitchen to be on the passenger side. Or for the electrical to be on the opposite side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94