Scepter water can to hose quick connect

crofrog

Wanted to be able to use my camplux pump and shower with scepter water cans so I fired up the cad software designed a connector. Let me know if anyone is interested in the STL file. If there's enough interest I might see about injection molding them.

it’s a standard garden hose quick connector on the top

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (20).png
    MicrosoftTeams-image (20).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0992.jpeg
    IMG_0992.jpeg
    400.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

WOODY2

Adventurer
Wanted to be able to use my camplux pump and shower with scepter water cans so I fired up the cad software designed a connector. Let me know if anyone is interested in the STL file. If there's enough interest I might see about injection molding them.

it’s a standard garden hose quick connector on the top
I have a question, piece shown appears be a typical male QD which in most cases is a open direct thru opening. wouldn't the corresponding female connector (self sealing) be what should go on the can (source) to prevent spill or leakage?

crofrog

I have a question, piece shown appears be a typical male QD which in most cases is a open direct thru opening. wouldn't the corresponding female connector (self sealing) be what should go on the can (source) to prevent spill or leakage?

At least for the melnor connectors that came with the camplux kit they're straight through on both sides with the female side being on the hoses.

takesiteasy

Adventurer
Cool and great of you to share the file! A connector to adapt the Scepter threads to standard hose threads would be a useful thing also. Would open up a lot of useful features for the Scepter can. Maybe you could make one of those and share the file too? :)

crofrog

Cool and great of you to share the file! A connector to adapt the Scepter threads to standard hose threads would be a useful thing also. Would open up a lot of useful features for the Scepter can. Maybe you could make one of those and share the file too? :)

I'll cad it out tonight or next week it's straightforward but I'm leaving on a trip to NH for the rest of the week tomorrow.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
At least for the melnor connectors that came with the camplux kit they're straight through on both sides with the female side being on the hoses.

Making this was pretty cool, but I agree with the question above and it begs the questions below:

So, if they are straight through, where is the advantage versus just threading into the can? How do you close that for travel? Unscrew it then screw the top back on?

crofrog

Making this was pretty cool, but I agree with the question above and it begs the questions below:

So, if they are straight through, where is the advantage versus just threading into the can? How do you close that for travel? Unscrew it then screw the top back on?

because the scepter cap isn’t the same threads and this way it all works together, and yep just pull it off and store it with the pump hose and then Thread the cap back on

crofrog

I finished the cad and it’s printing now. I’ll see how it looks tomorrow and share the file

Superduty

Adventurer
I assume this is so ppl can print these with 3d printers?

Will it be durable?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

crofrog

I assume this is so ppl can print these with 3d printers?

Will it be durable?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

In my experience, 3d printing is pretty durable depending on the material and how it's printed. It's not as good as injection molding or the likes for this type of part, but we'll see if breaks on this trip...

That being said it cost like 10c to print and takes like 3 hours for the printer to finish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz