Scepter MFC and MWC more widely available.

Superduty

Adventurer
The MFCs seem to be hard to find in the USA. Apparently this place sells them:

MFCs They range in price from $29 to $89 depending on quality. They offer free shipping over $99.

As for MWCs, REI now sells MWCs, but better pricing is to be had. It might be a good option if you need one at a brick and mortar.

Walmart is offering them for $42.19 with free shipping. (3d party seller)

Amazon is offering for $44.29 with free shipping. (3d party seller)

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
The original military Scepter cans were removed from US civilian sale a number of years ago, they failed the CARB standard as fuel vapors escaped through the plastic. They are available in Canada. The new Scepter fuel cans available in the US are not military grade and are a completely new design, no better than regular plastic cans in my opinion.

Superduty

Adventurer
The original military Scepter cans were removed from US civilian sale a number of years ago, they failed the CARB standard as fuel vapors escaped through the plastic. They are available in Canada. The new Scepter fuel cans available in the US are not military grade and are a completely new design, no better than regular plastic cans in my opinion.

I am not sure if you are sharing your knowledge just because OR if you are commenting on what I posted. I will have to presume sharing your knowledge, as the link I posted for MFCs are the original military cans.

Superduty

Adventurer
I only use Scepter cans for water, never fuel, only Nato cans for fuel. Putting fuel in a plastic container is asking for trouble, just my experience.

Have you used MFCs for fuel? If so, what kind of trouble have your encountered? I have not heard of much trouble for the US, Canadian or Israeli Military in using the above plastic containers.

I would agree that other types of plastic fuel containers are not a great choice for transporting fuel on road trips/overlanding/off roading.

ChadHahn

Adventurer
These are great. I have some of those. I believe they are built to same specs as the scepter.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yes. I own three and haven't had any problems with them. I also have an old Scepter MWC and while I haven't compared them side by side, they seem to be built the same. Plus for half the price of the Scepters, how can you go wrong.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I am not sure if you are sharing your knowledge just because OR if you are commenting on what I posted. I will have to presume sharing your knowledge, as the link I posted for MFCs are the original military cans.
Sharing knowledge mainly. The Military Fuel Cans are no longer available in the USA, the military water cans are available. You won’t get in trouble for owning MFC‘s just don’t try importing them.

Superduty

Adventurer
Unless it's a mistake on the website i posted above it looks like the MFCs are indeed available in the USA. I know they aren't supposed to sell them, but they are.

MFCs are also regularly available on Craigslist.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

pluton

Adventurer
Have you used MFCs for fuel? If so, what kind of trouble have your encountered? I have not heard of much trouble for the US, Canadian or Israeli Military in using the above plastic containers.

I would agree that other types of plastic fuel containers are not a great choice for transporting fuel on road trips/overlanding/off roading.
I'm not krik3tt, but I owned/used Scepter MFCs for a few years. They the stunk up any room/shed/storage area I kept them in. Last I checked, the armed forces doesn't care much about smells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles