Scammed

Travelnut17

How do I report someone that contacted me with something for sale on the site and then ghosted me after they received the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1000arms

You could look at your own post, click the "report" button, write a note and submit it. That might save them some time versus them having to contact you for the information.

You could also draw their attention by including @Christian P. and @Dendy Jarrett , although that might be tough if you don't know who the names of the forum moderators. :)

Thank you for reporting the scam this to spare other forum members. I'm sorry you have been scammed. :(

jadmt

ignore button user
people will never learn. scammers are rampant and if someone initiates contact people need to do their due diligence on making sure they are legit.

Travelnut17

I thought I had , made sure he was a member of the site, had him send pictures of the item with the size, didn’t specify what exact size I wanted . They were not pictures of the website product , I do t know what else you’re supposed to do when you’re on a legit site offering the items your looking for

ResIpsa

I thought I had , made sure he was a member of the site, had him send pictures of the item with the size, didn’t specify what exact size I wanted . They were not pictures of the website product , I do t know what else you’re supposed to do when you’re on a legit site offering the items your looking for

Why are you being so vague about someone you claim ripped you off?

Travelnut17

Wasn’t being vague, the original question was about where to report it. Didn’t want to be posting something somewhere I wasn’t supposed to. The members name is Crankshaft and it was for a Tortuga fridge slide.

Travelnut17

36aad87f8a1f8a714a63e45d195972f7.jpg

This is what is showing for his info now if I go to any of the messages between him and I, I paid by Venmo and have also requested money back from him there but as it is done “between-friends” I really have no recourse

crazysccrmd

Observer
36aad87f8a1f8a714a63e45d195972f7.jpg

This is what is showing for his info now if I go to any of the messages between him and I, I paid by Venmo and have also requested money back from him there but as it is done “between-friends” I really have no recourse

Are you his friend? If not then why would you chose to make payment in a way meant for friends that offers no protection at all?

Travelnut17

You all wanted to know what happened, now you do I have never bought anything from a online forum or otherwise before , obviously I have learned my lesson , you all know not to buy something from him if it comes up and now we can all quit being so judge mental. I list the money not you!

WTS110

Jeez, cut the guy slack. He didn’t post his original question crying that he lost money, he asked for advice. It could happen to anyone especially on an overlanding site where most of us feel there is a sense of community. Dude gets blasted like it’s FB instead. Travelnut17, thanks for sharing and it’s an unfortunate reminder about these sites, both in classifieds and members responses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94