Sawtooth Unlimited - Off Road Pop Top Camper Trailer

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Oh man, sorry to hear that... but glad it sounds like things are going well/better! Glad to see you back in the game. Take care!

stomperxj

Explorer
How's things going out there?

Slow :D Started a new company and have been super busy with the day job. Plus winter sucks (n) Nearly done with the exterior aluminum corner trim. Planning on getting that done when the weather breaks and then hopefully shooting some Raptor liner when it warms up too. I know I've said it for the last 3 years but we are going to camp in it this year for sure :D Thanks for checking in (y)(y)

VanIsle_Greg

Slow :D Started a new company and have been super busy with the day job. Plus winter sucks (n) Nearly done with the exterior aluminum corner trim. Planning on getting that done when the weather breaks and then hopefully shooting some Raptor liner when it warms up too. I know I've said it for the last 3 years but we are going to camp in it this year for sure :D Thanks for checking in (y)(y)
Don't feel bad. I am in year 3 of my 4 month build as well... Life happens. Glad to hear you are still plugging away at things. Can't wait to see it completed (mine too)! :p

ITTOG

Don't feel bad. I am in year 3 of my 4 month build as well... Life happens. Glad to hear you are still plugging away at things. Can't wait to see it completed (mine too)! :p
Sounds like a common issue. I am in month 22 of a 12 month estimate and I am sure it will be another year before complete.

opp1

Glad to hear you're up and doing fine. You're definitely one of the big motivators in this style of building because of your videos. Look forward to your finishing.. Anyone think of build a trailer should look at your videos and at least do the tongue box to see how efficient it is.

opp1

what did you seal your to table halves with. Where you join the two pieces of plywood together ? Hope everything health-wise worked out for you

stomperxj

Explorer
what did you seal your to table halves with. Where you join the two pieces of plywood together ? Hope everything health-wise worked out for you

If you are talking about the vacuum table I used a rubberized roofing sealer on it. I did about 7-8 coats of Henry's Solar Flex. Health is good. Got all the cancer chopped out last year. Thanks for asking :)

1654628580158.png

VanIsle_Greg

Sounds like a common issue. I am in month 22 of a 12 month estimate and I am sure it will be another year before complete.
It's funny... I watch a lot of YouTube and have spent the last few years watching a lot of sailing and boat building content creators. One of the best IMHO is Sampson Boat Co. and the rebuild of Tally Ho. https://www.youtube.com/c/SampsonBoatCo

Leo gets asked a lot when Tally Ho will be completed, and the answer always is "In about 2 years from now". He has been saying the same thing for like 3 years... "About 2 years from now..."

I think we should all adopt this approach. If I am asked, my camper build will be done "In about 2 years from now".

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier