Saw this thing this weekend

docster

Really love this. Been on the hunt for one now. Specifically said thanks for looking, not sale in the window!

c821edec95b27675e8726eeace4e73f5.jpg

dfcbf6ccd53ca99362c450d3948ed03c.jpg

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Funny story...

I saw one of these in Death Valley a few years ago camped close to me, went and talked with the guy a bit, super super nice guy and we talked trucks for hours, and he was super knowledgeable and humble. Had an odd number of Nasa and space related stickers on it i found interesting, but didn't ask about them.

I was in Death Valley at the time for their night sky festival (i do a lot of milky way photography). I went to one of the talks they set up with guest speakers, and noticed it in the parking lot...

They introduce the staff of the Mars Lunar Rover project, and low and behold, the head engineer of the entire project was the owner of the Trailblazer i had talked with for hours about trucks.

About 2 sentences into his presentation/talk he totally lost me with technical mumbo jumbo on the Rover, but i was blown away by how down to earth, and humble he was when i met him the day before and talked trucks, and we seemed on the same level with that.

If i recall correctly, he said he was the original owner of the Trailblazer and it had almost 400k miles on it

Take this useless info for what its worth, was just something i found super cool

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online