saw a 2008 little guy for sale near my house, do people upgrade these for off road?

jays0n

Adventurer
There is a guy selling what the sign says is a 2008 Little Guy down the road from my new house. Do people replace axles and fenders on these to turn them into mildly capable off road capable units? I'll have to stop and see what he's asking, if it's reasonable and people do like these for off road use perhaps a quick upgrade and flip project? It's red and appears to be in good condition from the outside anyway. I'm not entirely sure that a project is really in the cards for me after just moving a week ago so if anyone else is interested I could snap a photo of the sign and post it up as well. I just finished my trailer project and there is a pretty long "honey do" list for the new place so I can't imagine my girl will be on board with me showing up with another project, unless of course it's a steal and I can make money off it to apply to the aforementioned honey do list :)

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
There is a guy selling what the sign says is a 2008 Little Guy down the road from my new house. Do people replace axles and fenders on these to turn them into mildly capable off road capable units? I'll have to stop and see what he's asking, if it's reasonable and people do like these for off road use perhaps a quick upgrade and flip project? It's red and appears to be in good condition from the outside anyway. I'm not entirely sure that a project is really in the cards for me after just moving a week ago so if anyone else is interested I could snap a photo of the sign and post it up as well. I just finished my trailer project and there is a pretty long "honey do" list for the new place so I can't imagine my girl will be on board with me showing up with another project, unless of course it's a steal and I can make money off it to apply to the aforementioned honey do list :)

Ask Scott B... http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/123292-Scott-B-s-Little-Guy-Teardrop-Build

jays0n

Adventurer
I'm gonna stop and take a quick look at it tonight, see what the guy is asking and what model it is, then I'll hit you all up to see what the right money is for it :)

Septu

Explorer
If I could find one for the right price that was close-ish I'd really consider it. And I do really want a TD. I'd use that for all the mild stuff (road trips, FSR's, base camp, etc), while keeping my m101 for any trip where my trailer has to follow me down the trail.

While most of us would probably love one of the nice off road tear drops, I'm not able/willing to build it, and would rather spend 15k towards something else. But 3-6k with some mods is a lot easier to handle.

jays0n

Adventurer
So I stopped and took a quick look at it last night. It's a 2008 Silver Shadow and appears from the outside to be in decent shape. The hatch has some paint damage and maybe a small dent or two and I didn't get a good look at the rest. A project isn't really in the cards for me right now so I'm gonna pass on it but they're asking $4800 OBO and it's been for sale for a couple weeks now so someone could probably get a great deal on it if you wanted. It's located just east of Seattle in Issaquah, about 4 miles south of I-90. Drop me a PM if you want the phone number that was on the sign. Like I said before, I have no relation to the seller, just thought someone on here might benefit from me posting this :)

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Scott and I have a Rough Rider package added to our Silver Shadows ------ bigger/thicker frame and welded-on skids. The bottom is as rigid as can be.

For a "normal" Silver Shadow I'd guess that you'd have to beef up the frame quite a bit. Aside from that, the top part is about the same.

Andy's, Scott's, mine. Mine is a 6x10, Scott's a 5x10, and Andy's is a shoe box...

116_zpse5f98fe0.jpg

040_zpsc0eb3645.jpg

jays0n

Adventurer
The seller moved it closer to the road and put a more clear sign on it, looks like they're getting desperate, it does say OBO if anyone here needs a project. I really wish I had the space/time to pick another trailer. Would look good with some bigger tires, fenders and a re-enforced frame :) If I showed up with it you'd see it on the news, "wife kills husband with bare hands after he buys another trailer...."

jays0n

Adventurer
Neighbor lowered price from $4800 to "MAKE ME AN OFFER", anyone out there interested?

Looks like that person down the road with the little guy is getting desperate to sell, they took the price of $4800 off the sign and replaced it with Make and offer! I have the number and name if anyone on here is interested. I bet they would take $3000 at this point. If my new house was a bit further along and I had the shop space I would pick it up for a flip but that isn't in the cards. Anyway, PM me and I will get the info that's on the sign :)

Septu

Explorer
Funny... 2 weeks after posting in here, I found one in Alaska that was priced to sell. Not the SS, but it does have the RR package already. Get to pick it up on Saturday!

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Funny... 2 weeks after posting in here, I found one in Alaska that was priced to sell. Not the SS, but it does have the RR package already. Get to pick it up on Saturday!

Curious to see what it looks like. Post up a pic when you get it!

jays0n

Adventurer
Whoever ends up with this one is gonna get a score, I bet they would take $3000 at this point, they keep putting it closer to the road and changing the sign, this weekend they had it all opened up and even staged with some cooking stuff and pillows on the bed :) If it was a year ago and I hadn't starting buliding my dinoot I would be in the shop re-enforcing the frame and lifting the little guy as we speak!

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Do they have a listing on Craigslist?

I looked at the SS with the RR frame but I ended up splurging on the SoCal Krawler Teardrop. Don't get it till Oct. though.

jays0n

Adventurer
I couldn't find it on CL, not sure these people are internet savvy, could be a score for someone that knows how to do some basic upgrades on it though :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94