savings on Kawasaki through Costco ?

haven

Expedition Leader
KLR650-Costco.jpg

Found this KLR650 on display at my local Costco. Price $5300, down from a reported $6700 msrp. The sign claims it's a current model. Just what you'll need for that Trans America Trail ride this summer! Other Kawasaki models available at a discount, too. I couldn't tell if this is a national, regional or purely local deal.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
This afternoon at the Aloha, Oregon, Costco, we had a serious looking $7400 list KX250F motocrosser with the same sort of discount parked at the store exit. That made having the smiley face put on your receipt more interesting than normal.

Cody1771

Explorer
buying at costco is nice, but i would prefer buying through a dealership if your going to buy new. im sure most would match that price as that seems to be the standard sales price in some places. also if you find a place you like you dont have to worry about warrenty issues or service, i find bike dealers much better than cars. i wouldnt hesitate taking my bike to where i baught it from, not to mention i can go hang out there and look at all the new pretty bikes and have coffee with the guys. try doing that at costco....

sandalscout

Adventurer
Funky..... I looked up Kawasakis on Costco's website, it appears that they have some sort of deal worked out with local dealer's in various markets, so you most likely are actually buying the bike through Kawasaki and getting a discount for being a Costco member.

This time of year one can get fantastic deals on last year Kawasaki's. I recall the last three years KLR650's can be had brand new for $5k OTD.

camper357

Observer
Costco deal

Costco used to have a member "deal" on new cars too, maybe they still do. It was an ok price, but you could definitely get a better deal by negotiating.

91redford

Hillsboro, OR. Costco had a black KLR 650 for something like 6400. i would think it would be worth it, and actually iv'e had much better customer service from Costco than my Kawa dealer...i bought a '06 back then and the dealer support sucks..so much aftermarket help with this bike it doesn't matter, if the motor blows the warentee applies regardless. MTC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles