Save The Rovers

OregonGX

This morning while the coffee brewed I was daydreaming about my next Land Rover project - a trail beater for some thrashing.

I've promised my wife a new house and myself some more garage space before I take on another project, so while tempting, I can't save them all.

Let's use this thread to share finds that need a rescue. Nothing you own or have interest in, just interesting Land Rovers that need to be rehomed to someone who cares.

Mike W.

Hey, I'm in Helena! I might have to go take a look at that one. I'd be willing to take a look for someone else in the forum too, if there's any interest.
Take a look if it's decent I'm a buyer..Will even go and get..PM me if you get a chance to look it over..

Defender2 totaled on its 1st tank of fuel (<100 miles on the odo):

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 10.26.59 AM.png
Sad to see them go so young!

Not sure what the problem is; says here that it only has a headlight fault! :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note; send in a lowball offer to the insurance company selling it! That Rover is fixable and would be an epic trail wagon! A quick looks shows the crumple zones do not look compromised; hell the radiator res is still half full! I'd bet the control arm mounts are ripped completely off but looks fixable.

Get the VIN cuz I bet you'll find this thing on CL in about 6 months with a salvage title for sale and driving for $50k or so!

Carson G

Not sure what the problem is; says here that it only has a headlight fault! :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note; send in a lowball offer to the insurance company selling it! That Rover is fixable and would be an epic trail wagon! A quick looks shows the crumple zones do not look compromised; hell the radiator res is still half full! I'd bet the control arm mounts are ripped completely off but looks fixable.

Get the VIN cuz I bet you'll find this thing on CL in about 6 months with a salvage title for sale and driving for $50k or so!
IIRC the lower control arm mounts bolt to the subframe which is replaceable. Not sure on the uppers though.

sturgillk

Observer
I tried saving the one in Montana, but someone from Virginia beat me. Anyone on here? I hope it's going to a good home!

(Make sure you dry it out really good! It's been getting snowed on with leaking alpine windows....)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles