Saurer 6DM ... soon to be ours!

Hi everyone! We live about 30 minutes outside of Portland, Oregon and next week we are adding another member to our family of adventure vehicles...
a 1985 Saurer DM Transport! (See dealer's picture below.)
SAURER.jpeg
The idea is to build a box/have one made/etc? that can be loaded on/off the Saurer when we want to use it for trips. Hubby is also thinking of a free standing box we can pull away from while traveling. So many ideas! We will need it to sleep 4 and box needs to be built for all-season travel. (We are big skiers here!)
Would love any ideas, advice and/or suggestions you may have. Anything goes!
Also, if you have pictures of what you've done, we'd love to see your rigs.
We are excited to start this project and share this adventure with our two childen.
Thanks!
-Susan :)

Hi everyone! We live about 30 minutes outside of Portland, Oregon and next week we are adding another member to our family of adventure vehicles...
a 1985 Saurer DM Transport! (See dealer's picture below.)
View attachment 457181
The idea is to build a box/have one made/etc? that can be loaded on/off the Saurer when we want to use it for trips. Hubby is also thinking of a free standing box we can pull away from while traveling. So many ideas! We will need it to sleep 4 and box needs to be built for all-season travel. (We are big skiers here!)
Would love any ideas, advice and/or suggestions you may have. Anything goes!
Also, if you have pictures of what you've done, we'd love to see your rigs.
We are excited to start this project and share this adventure with our two childen.
Thanks!
-Susan :)
Just did read your post.The word Saurer brings back memories.Have a look at my little collection.
Cheers Urs

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Cool! Another shougie! I started with similar goals for my camper. We have two kiddos and wanted the truck to be available for use whilst not traveling and to be able to offload and move around a bit while traveling. I ended up having to settle on just coming off at the end of trips...my box got heavy etc. I suppose I could take it off while traveling, but doubt that will happen on this trip. Anyways, check out my build thread for picks of where I ended up. Hope to see your truck around town!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paging @Victorian!

They will make any custom sized insulated box, would be perfect for what your looking for! Foam core fiberglass panels, sold complete or DIY kits. https://totalcomposites.com/ No I did not use them nor work for them, but its a really nice product I did look at using before I bough my box truck.

Hope to see you skiing around the PNW!
Thank you for that, the more we look we always seem to come across totalcomposites. Looking forward to starting our build!

I have a set of Total Composite panels to build a 7x14 box for the Fuso, I'm just looking for the time (and less than 100-degree weather) to build it.
I helped build an 8x16 TC panel cabin for an LMTV, awesome components.

I'll be up at the Northwest Mogfest in Sheridan (with the 1017) Northwest Mogfest
mog,
I would love to see any pics of the LMTV build if you have any. We will be at mogfest as well, see you there!

mog,
I would love to see any pics of the LMTV build if you have any. We will be at mogfest as well, see you there!
As Andres linked, Quaid has tons of build photos posted LINK . I did not have a camera with me.
I'll PM you with my contact info. I'll be there in 'Mammut', so look for this,
side.jpg
Or the guy walking around with his Emotional Support Animal ;)
esa-wollymammoth.jpg

Last edited: