Sardines?

M

modelbuilder

Recently I have been looking to change my diet even further. Anyway...the only exposure I have had to sardines is from the movie "The Burbs" with Tom Hanks.

poster2.jpg

Great movie if you have not seen it. Anyway I read that sardines (the kind that are canned in olive oil) are pretty darn healthy. Since I love all things seafood I figured I might try this on a future trip.

Canned Sardines (in olive oil)
Pinch of Pepper and Salt
Pinch of Garlic Powder
A few dabs of tobasco sauce
Mix all in a bowl and enjoy.

I might make this in a few days to try it out.

Anyone like Sardines in here?

mbuckner

Adventurer
Recently I have been looking to change my diet even further. Anyway...the only exposure I have had to sardines is from the movie "The Burbs" with Tom Hanks.

poster2.jpg

Great movie if you have not seen it. Anyway I read that sardines (the kind that are canned in olive oil) are pretty darn healthy. Since I love all things seafood I figured I might try this on a future trip.

Canned Sardines (in olive oil)
Pinch of Pepper and Salt
Pinch of Garlic Powder
A few dabs of tobasco sauce
Mix all in a bowl and enjoy.

I might make this in a few days to try it out.

Anyone like Sardines in here?

I take them on every expedition .......:Wow1:

M

modelbuilder

Do you eat them right out of the can or prepare them?

mbuckner

Adventurer
Right out of the can with crackers or bread ....

Mustard sauce, tomato sauce, makes me no difference .....

I take some smoked oysters also .....

They have come in very handy when you get back
to base camp late and all you want to do is hit the
sack ....

S

Street Wolf

In mustard, out of the can, or in oil after having washing the oil out of the can.

I eat sardines. I like the mustard sauce. They are high in Omega 3s, the good, heart healthy fats. I also like pickled herring and once started a thread about them. Yum.

argonaut

Observer
They also have a few brands that are "spicy".....have peppers mixed in with the oil. I buy em whenever I can find em. Good stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles