SAR_Squid79's Expedtion Trailer Build

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
I have an idea that I'm working on, that should be very cheap, but very clean. If I can pull it off, it might be the perfect solution for the Mombasa / Camping Lab RTTs.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
I have an idea that I'm working on, that should be very cheap, but very clean. If I can pull it off, it might be the perfect solution for the Mombasa / Camping Lab RTTs.

I store my boots/shoes in a mesh bag intended for dish washing (I think they are made by coleman??) But storage is something I can deal with. You mentioned putting shoes on, and taking them off. THIS is the problem I have. Not a problem really, more of a pain the rear to do it in the tent....like you mentioned. Does your idea have a way of 'fixing' this too, or just the storage aspect? I love my tent (same as yours), but there a few little things like this that irk me.

~ James

MrOffshore

Observer
Great looking trailer...very functional. thanks for sharing, I think I am going to have to have one of these built!!

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
That was at the southernmost end of Anza Borrego Desert State Park. Just a hop, skip, and jump from the Mexico border. This is typically the prime time to go to the desert, but we've been getting an unusually high amount of rain lately. We just happened to get perfect weather that weekend.

jeeper92

Adventurer
Info on your trailer

I am very interested in your lid. Do you thinking something like this could be done by using wood?

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
I am very interested in your lid. Do you thinking something like this could be done by using wood?

Sure - You could do it with wood, but I don't see why you'd want to... If you built the rest of the trailer out of metal, why go with a wooden lid?

To make it out of wood, and have it be as sturdy, it would end up being heavier, and I don't think it would stand up to the elements, and stress very well.

Metal = Stronger, lighter, and permanent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior