Sandals aka flip flops

dman93

Adventurer
For all-around use I love my Keens. Not sure of the model, but it's a lighter weight "water sandal" that was discontinued, at least in men's sizes. I also have a pair of Cobian and a pair of Teva flipflops. The Cobians are durable, and look nice, but less don't fit snugly ... the thong is too long, so my foot moves around unless I clench the thong between my toes. Probably a good workout, but tiring while walking. The Tevas are amazing; secure, comfortable, light and durable. I can - and have - walked miles in them. And biked, and scrambled on rocks. And they're cheap, I think they list for $25 in the US.

Honu

lost on the mainland
slippers :)

sadly I cant go to longs and buy em for $5 anymore but those are what most Hawaiian folks would wear and I would say its the state where folks where them the most even to work :)

I dont like the heavy $$ type slippers though not as comfy as the super cheap light locals brand ones ? so kinda just wear Keen shoes these days

mjmcdowell

Explorer
flip flops... et all

Very interesting - thanks for posting.

Not for me .... ram something between sole and sole of foot,stub toes, step into a cactus or other stuff..... or God forbid have to run, no thanks, in the back country I have and always prefer full coverage of leather, vibram and good socks, flip flops are for showers, never mind filthy feet, yuk. mjmcdowell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles