Sand to Snow North America

Hi All.

My dog Hunter & I are hitting the road in 2 weeks.

Starting here in Belmont Ma, heading south to grab some warm and sun before traversing west zigzagging up the rockies to Banff. From there we will be cruising Trans Canada Rt 1 to Montreal.

Skiing is a focus for this trip.

My known stops as of now are

Washington DC
Charleston SC
Key West Florida
New Orleans LA
Austin TX
Carlsbad NM
Taos NM
Silverton CO
Boulder CO
Driggs ID
Bozeman MT
Whitefish MT
Banff AB

We are traveling in my 2014 GMC sierra 2500 quad cab. Ill post some pictures of my rig & mild modifications soon

Attachments

• IMG_0866.jpg
    IMG_0866.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

mezmochill

Is outside
If in a storm cycle, Arizona Snowbowl can be goooood :drool: Free cabin with lift tickets right at the bottom of the road too. Silverton not that far away. Have a good time, been good out west so far, fingers crossed.

Trip was delayed one day do to a significant snow storm all day yesterday. 14" dropped here in belmont.

Packing the final bag of clothes and tooth brush and hitting the road in an hour.

First stop is to visit Friends in DC.

Woot Woot!

Skclown

I'm also from Mass Seriousseries, and I also was outside for hours trying to install my few last minute items despite the snow and freezing weather. I feel your pain...

Lucky j

Explorer
Wow, Nice trip plan.

If you are coming back toward Montreal after, I would add Le Massif de Charlevoix in Petite Riviere st-Francoi, east of Quebec city. That is if you come back before mid april.

We have been getting good snow since the beginning of december, and hardly any rain at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles