Sand Ladders???

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
FYI, Sierra Expeditions is soon expecting MaxTrax in... (still waiting on the boat).

listing_3_1019059835.jpg

product%20testing%20047.JPG

I can't wait for them to get in.

Signcutter21

Adventurer
Both of this landing mats have the problem with the sharp hooks. For use as sand ladder they have to prepared in order to prevent broken tyres
Yes they do. Seen pictures of people with pretty much stub of finger left after catching it the tongue section of the mat.

As it is now very hard to get the light aluminum landing mats, a supplier of expo articles here in Germany (Daerr) has constructed a replica, but specific for use as sand ladder.

Funny you posted this. Was at my girlfriend's house tonight and her dad's small horse trailer had a section of this style around the bottom of it. Unfortunately, he bought the trailer so therefore did not know the weight of the matting.

Well you'd better get out and start testing your pieces to make sure they work. lol

later,mike

syncroand101

Has anyone tried the waffleboards? I'm curious about them as well.

Something like http://www.devon4x4.com/shop.php?mode=productview&product=290

Yep, I have waffle boards on my van, mainly because they provide more uses than a Alu Sand Ladder (light bridging / great for mud etc) . Mine were about £40, one side smooth, one side is gritty. After a few years use they have started to break up at the corners, one of the first things we did was tie lengths of strap and rope either end to drag them back. (Also made them easier to find in sand when you walk back to recover them).

A good cheap alternative!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles