Sand driving-

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I've had these for about 5 years-thru several 4x4s and today while out in the Nevada desert I decided to take a couple pics

"Bushranger X-Trax" and super versatile if you're very gentle with the gas pedal, they also work in snow-

Sandtracks711045.jpg

Sandtracks711038.jpg

Sandtracks711039.jpg

Sandtracks711040.jpg

Sandtracks711041.jpg

If you get in trouble CLOSE to a good traction point-these can save all the airing down procedures-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
Nice JK unlimited

They look very handy. Should just about pack in any where.
How about some info on your rack and fenders.
We just traded in my 06 H3 on a 09 JK unlimited rubicon, all i can say is WOW.

Jim

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Thanx atb-

They look very handy. Should just about pack in any where.
How about some info on your rack and fenders.
We just traded in my 06 H3 on a 09 JK unlimited rubicon, all i can say is WOW.

Jim

The rack is the MBRP JKU rack -Quadratec and the fenders are Bushwacker "Pocket" flares-
I think Quadratec handles both-

x32792

Adventurer
Thank you for sharing. Over here in central Florida, we have sugar sand out the wahzoo and air'ing down is SOP. Those roll up tracks look very nice.

Steve F

Adventurer
I always air down for sand, but then most of the stuff we do sand wise is very soft. I run my XJ at 12psi or lower and it typically has no problems. The large footprint helps.

I also have some Maxtrax that I got as a prize but I've never used them yet.

listing_3_1019059835__77969_zoom.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

A mate with a JK wasn't doing it so easily with smaller tyres and less clearance.

IMG_3634.jpg

Cheers
Steve

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh, yea sand driving is a whole new ball game-

Thank you for sharing. Over here in central Florida, we have sugar sand out the wahzoo and air'ing down is SOP. Those roll up tracks look very nice.

Thanx, but ya gotta be careful with the wheel speed, otherwize-they'll bunchup !!

I always air down for sand, but then most of the stuff we do sand wise is very soft. I run my XJ at 12psi or lower and it typically has no problems. The large footprint helps.

I also have some Maxtrax that I got as a prize but I've never used them yet.

listing_3_1019059835__77969_zoom.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

A mate with a JK wasn't doing it so easily with smaller tyres and less clearance.

IMG_3634.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Good Greif, is he ready for high tide !!

Hope you got him in time !!

D

Deleted member 9101

Humm.. I think I could build a ghetto set out of oak slats and "paracord"... yup..gunna try it...lol

Steve F

Adventurer
:sombrero: Heh Heh, yea sand driving is a whole new ball game-

Thanx, but ya gotta be careful with the wheel speed, otherwize-they'll bunchup !!

Good Greif, is he ready for high tide !!

Hope you got him in time !!

No problems, the tide would have to come up a long way to get us there ;) We we're playing in the dunes probably 1km from the water :)

Cheers
Steve

leman

Adventurer
*thread hijack*
how are your hankooks holding up? ive got about 25,000 on mine and i feel like they are wearing alot faster than when i first got them. i rotate every 5k

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I can't give a fair answer on that, because my jeep gets about 3K miles a year--they are Hankook Dynapro MT RT03-LT295/75x16

*thread hijack*
how are your hankooks holding up? ive got about 25,000 on mine and i feel like they are wearing alot faster than when i first got them. i rotate every 5k

So far, the tires are fine, with almost no wear, but most of my mileage is in sand/gravel/rocks-so mine will probably wear out fron AGED RUBBER, before wear sets in--sorry

Everything else about them is super--traction/low noise/flexable sidewalls and bead strength--

Although the bead strength is a combo of Hankook/Procomp Extreme alloy wheels !!

I've read other posts about getting great hiwy mileage outofem though--

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94