Salsa Red 200 - Mild Build

KruegerB

Hey All - Finally getting around to posting a 'meaningful' thread on here - been a lurker for a while. Last year, I bought a 2015 200-Series before the prices went completely astronomical - I've been a long-time Land Rover owner, most recently with a L405 Td6. A few things led me to Toyota - among which reliability was a key factor (shocker). What I wanted was a vehicle that could be more easily modified to suit my purposes, while retaining necessary comforts for long stretches of highway driving (in between the fun spots).

I found this 2015 with only 15.6k on the clock last year and pulled the trigger. Will document what I do here - looking forward to comparing notes with you all.

Currently bone stock (below):

Land Cruiser.jpg

Here's my plan for this thing - trying to keep it relatively mild, but with some meaningful increases in capability:
1. King 2.5 Suspension / OME 2721 Springs
2. Front & Rear E-Locker + 4:88 Re-Gear (debated between this and air-lockers for a long time)
3. 285/70/18 (tbd on exact)
4. Adding some storage in the back/removing the seats
5. Might add a bumper (TBD as I am trying not to add tons of weight)

Starts Today... TLC 4X4 in NC is doing the work.
Land Cruiser 2.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Congrats on the clean find, that must have been a vacation home vehicle or one of many for some wealthy suburbanite to have that few hours on the clock. Looking forward to seeing your build come to life.

KruegerB

Work has continued to be nuts. Will provide more pics and a write up this weekend.

In short, the first drive with the new tires/Kings felt great - feels slightly more 'truck-like' but still cruises really nicely at 75-80mph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz