Sale Pending! Award winning f550 based full custom camper. $225k

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
The lifting roof made the outbound screens an impossibility (because the windows are on the outer shell, the screen apparatus would have been between the two walls when down). While I like every aspect of the outbound windows, I thought the quality on the screen apparatus was a little lacking, so didnt consider it a loss.

The image link I included has pics of the rear seat area, but let me know if youd like more and I will send them.

Ah, makes sense.

I've scrolled through a few times, and don't see any pics of the rear seat of truck in the Adrian Jon pics; https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=VWZVdFl1cm90a1hfZHhlb3JVVnJCeUpJXzlYZkpn

Provision for table for horseshoe dinette?

What's the overall length, including front bumper and rear boxes/spare? Is 23' accurate?

Last edited:

S2DM

Adventurer
Here’s a cell phone pic of it.

39E3DAF1-650B-4FCA-B84D-0BD168FF4BFC.jpeg

S2DM

Adventurer
It’s a molded unit. I used the seat as a mold and built a fiberglass cup that fit it, then built the platform on that. So it is very stable.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Again, very well done Scott.

Provision for a table for the horseshoe dinette?

What's the overall length of the rig, including front bumper and rear boxes/spare? Is 23' accurate?

S2DM

Adventurer
Again, very well done Scott.

Provision for a table for the horseshoe dinette?

What's the overall length of the rig, including front bumper and rear boxes/spare? Is 23' accurate?

The dinette was designed to take a table, but we ended up finding we never wanted one. That said, would be easy to add.

Total length is right at 23'. The bull bar on the front bumper extends past that just a little right in the middle. There is a rear bike and firewood rack that folds down. It adds about 14" when down, but I usually only use it occasionally. It is also angled in on the sides so that it doesnt affect turning radius when down (as are the rear storage boxes. Im not sure how much it affects things, but we designed them to function like a kamm tail).

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
The dinette was designed to take a table, but we ended up finding we never wanted one. That said, would be easy to add.

Total length is right at 23'. The bull bar on the front bumper extends past that just a little right in the middle. There is a rear bike and firewood rack that folds down. It adds about 14" when down, but I usually only use it occasionally. It is also angled in on the sides so that it doesnt affect turning radius when down (as are the rear storage boxes. Im not sure how much it affects things, but we designed them to function like a kamm tail).

Ok on dinette table, thanks.
23' is impressive for this, most are 25'+ as you know. Again, well done!

S2DM

Adventurer
Can you tell us more about the lifting system or a link to a build for it? Very curious how to set one up for an electric sliding rack. Best!
I used four linked linear actuators with a IC parallel control system. Its basically a leader/follower arrangement where one actuator is the leader and sends out its hull position and the follower actuators act based on that. If any one actuator is not in the same position as the leader, the whole array stops and resets till they are all sync'd at the same position.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Expo just did a feature on the Rig

Congrats Scott!, well deserved.
What size are your 2 dogs? Could you post any pics you might have of dogs + humans inside the cabin? In a similar position here and was pondering how we could get the crew inside, comfy, with some room to move around in inclement weather.
TIA.

S2DM

Adventurer
Congrats Scott!, well deserved.
What size are your 2 dogs? Could you post any pics you might have of dogs + humans inside the cabin? In a similar position here and was pondering how we could get the crew inside, comfy, with some room to move around in inclement weather.
TIA.

I dont have any pics of that unfortunately. There is an insert that converts the dinette area into an additional bed. One of my dogs is 150lbs and the other is 70lbs. If its nice out, I put the dogs in the truck cab. When its not, my wife and I sleep in the bed and our smaller dog usually sleeps with us. Our big dog sleeps on the floor and our kid sleeps in the dinette bed, which has plenty of room for another adult or child. 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 dogs is totally doable, albeit full.

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
I used four linked linear actuators with a IC parallel control system. Its basically a leader/follower arrangement where one actuator is the leader and sends out its hull position and the follower actuators act based on that. If any one actuator is not in the same position as the leader, the whole array stops and resets till they are all sync'd at the same position.
Awesome thanks! Looks like company you used has some very hepful people and systems. Thanks again

bobaloo

MSN autos picked up the advertisement as well. Just had it come up on my suggested feed. Bump for an awesome build. Wish you offered owner financing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles