Sahara vs Rubicon vs Sport vs X vs Unlimited vs Trail Rated

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Searching the internet should give you plenty of information... Including the dealer website.... But I am bored

X= base package jeep. can add some options but base package (small tires, manual trans, windows, ect unless package upgrade)
Sahara= mostly appearance package and luxury items. Usually paint matched fender flares, larger wheels, interior pieces, power everything. Option packages possible
Rubicon= The greatest jeep offers. D44 axle front/rear, 4.10 gears, 4:1 transfer case, lockers front and rear, off road tires, rock rails. Options can be added

Unlimited= on the new jeeps is a 4 door wrangler

Trail Rated= all 4x4 wranglers have the badge. No badge, no 4x4 (some 4 door models are 2wd)

hoaxci5

Observer
Trail Rated= all 4x4 wranglers have the badge. No badge, no 4x4 (some 4 door models are 2wd)

If I'm not mistaken (I know you said all wranglers 4x4 but) it has to be 4x4 and have 4lo.. in my case Commanders with the v6 option a lot of times only have QT1 which is a full time 4wd but lacks 4lo.. Jeep still calls it 4x4 most call it AWD.

orangeTJ

Explorer
Rubicon:

On a TJ, both front and rear axles are Dana 44s with Disc Brakes. Other TJs that had a rear D44 were drum brakes.

JK: both axles are D44, and I think JKs across the board have front and rear disc brakes, Rubi or non Rubi.

RocTrac transfer case - 241OR I think is the model designation. It has 4:1 low range.

Rocker guards

Moab Wheels - TJs were 16", JKs are 17", but I see now that just about all JKs have the Moab Wheels.... except the low end base model which runs steelies and the Sahara, which has 18" wheels.

Cool hood decal. :sombrero::sombrero:

4:10 gears in the axles.

Did I forget anything?

Ryanc

SE Expedition Society
Rubi has electronic front sway bar disconnect. Im not sure if the other models have that.

profire

Just my 2 cents but if your in the market for a Jeep buy the Rubicon, it will cost more up front but will save you dollars in the end. I bought an X model and although it has power everything and the upgraded stereo I wish all the time that I had spent the extra cash to get the Rubi.

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
If I'm not mistaken (I know you said all wranglers 4x4 but) it has to be 4x4 and have 4lo.. in my case Commanders with the v6 option a lot of times only have QT1 which is a full time 4wd but lacks 4lo.. Jeep still calls it 4x4 most call it AWD.

If a wrangler has 4x4 then it has 4lo (at least the new ones)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles