Saga of Stanley Fab - Builds of sorts!

tyv12

Adventurer
Those fenders look awesome with the flare line on them what fenders are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm loving the tundra man. I wish I was closer to you cuz I could sure use some help building a front and rear bumper for my tundra

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
Those fenders look awesome with the flare line on them what fenders are those?

i think they are hanneman glass...i really like the cut on them...

I'm loving the tundra man. I wish I was closer to you cuz I could sure use some help building a front and rear bumper for my tundra

the front bumper is for sale if you want it lol..
and thank you! im excited to see what comes of it...i have alot of work in front of me! hopefully in a week or two i will be close to being done.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Looking great.

Do you have more pictures from the rear bumper? How did you tie the bumper into the frame rails for support? I assume your just using the vetrical side of the frame for bolting (3 bolts?) and nothing on the under side? If you have any pictures, that would be great. Thanks!

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
yeah i will have to get some more.. and to answer your question.. no i used both side and bottom bolt holes.. i also have tubes going forward to the farthest bolt holes.. so i think i am using everyone of the bolt holes the receiver used from the factory.. i wanted to be able to trust this bumper so i did it right.. its well over built but i tow a boat sometimes.. so i didnt want to give that up.
ill take some pics when there is more natural light.

blahhhhhh

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
i have been super busy with the tundra!
395dfdfa95aa6e719b22d949c04f66b8.jpg
7cdb731fa88b2fb37b5621dbff9c2463.jpg
346cda81a0384d18e1dd1cbd97a63560.jpg

blahhhhhh

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
7bc800d760686fcce667a7a075f54197.jpg

got the sliders on today and a bunch of other small pieces.. all new ball joints, steering rack bushings, new brakes, painted calipers, ran all the extended lines and made a couple mounts for odds and ends. i dropped off the rest of the parts to be powder coated chameleon color. should get those back tommorow or thursday. should be working on the front bumper tommorow.

blahhhhhh

Loubaru

Adventurer
Sliders look great, feel like making another set :)? If so, how much?

How did you like the Icon suspension before going LT? Other than it being valved incorrectly did you have any other issues?

Looking forward to seeing this one done! A lot happening with the DC Tundras on this forum.

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
Looking great.

Do you have more pictures from the rear bumper? How did you tie the bumper into the frame rails for support? I assume your just using the vetrical side of the frame for bolting (3 bolts?) and nothing on the under side? If you have any pictures, that would be great. Thanks!

hey here is a more detailed picture.. mind the tac welds ihad it all jigged up when i welded it so it wouldn't move..
need to be cleaned and painted but u get the idea.. i uses the main holes that the oem receiver used..
4fb4bd35308443aa1fce38cdf87ae47f.jpg

blahhhhhh

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
Sliders look great, feel like making another set :)? If so, how much?

How did you like the Icon suspension before going LT? Other than it being valved incorrectly did you have any other issues?

Looking forward to seeing this one done! A lot happening with the DC Tundras on this forum.

the icon setup was great! i love their stuff. i went with the btf stuff cause i wanted true long travel.
as far as sliders i will only build if the truck is local. these bad boys were super heavy.. i also manually cut out all 100 hole saws and then dimpled them.. took like 3hrs.. just for the plates. lol way over kill for a customer.

got the new front bumper mocked up and tacked tonight.. it will get light tabs and skid plates and a few other dodads to make it finished out.. i basically hate making bumpers on toyotas since they have such a huge front facia, thats hard to make them look good. im waiting on an order from ruff stuff.. so i can mount my resi cans.. also..
19b36e17047b9b11df26fe7f466b5000.jpg
199153050f03c571b81661ae775d2146.jpg

6131c67fb4e19ed700f47243d4b75e18.jpg

blahhhhhh

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Wow. Truck is looking great. Love the fenders. White really looks good on the Tundras.

Thanks for the bumper picture. Hitch looks really solid.

What did you use for the other mounts? Tube to the other frame holes (the top and side ones) with a mounting plate or just 90 some plate off the lower horizontal main square piece and run that to the holes? If you have a picture, that's be great, they speak volumes. Just where the bumper connects to the frame mounting holes.

When I designed my rear bumper I went for just 3, which was plenty. With my design I could only really use the vertical ones on the outside of the frame.... the flat horizontal ones on the bottom would of been tough.

I plan on doing a swing out and I wanna make it differently but can't decide how. I still wanna keep my towing capacity.

Your fab works is great. Can't wait to see it on the road.

Thanks in advance for the info.

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
Wow. Truck is looking great. Love the fenders. White really looks good on the Tundras.

Thanks for the bumper picture. Hitch looks really solid.

What did you use for the other mounts? Tube to the other frame holes (the top and side ones) with a mounting plate or just 90 some plate off the lower horizontal main square piece and run that to the holes? If you have a picture, that's be great, they speak volumes. Just where the bumper connects to the frame mounting holes.

When I designed my rear bumper I went for just 3, which was plenty. With my design I could only really use the vertical ones on the outside of the frame.... the flat horizontal ones on the bottom would of been tough.

I plan on doing a swing out and I wanna make it differently but can't decide how. I still wanna keep my towing capacity.

Your fab works is great. Can't wait to see it on the road.

Thanks in advance for the info.

here are a few of t off the truck..
u can see it mounts on bottom and sides as well as i distrubute the weight to the front load bearing area just like a real hitch.. it was def more work but i thing it also helps with the tire swinger being stronger as well.
6e667c339d4972f58638fb304c89079a.jpg
45e04a8c3f6c2c0cb6179421f58feec6.jpg

blahhhhhh

Loubaru

Adventurer
the icon setup was great! i love their stuff. i went with the btf stuff cause i wanted true long travel.
as far as sliders i will only build if the truck is local. these bad boys were super heavy.. i also manually cut out all 100 hole saws and then dimpled them.. took like 3hrs.. just for the plates. lol way over kill for a customer.
blahhhhhh

How long did you have the Icons on? Did you have any quality issues with them? Sorry for all the question, trying to plan out my suspension for my Tundra and seems like a lot of people are having issues with the "higher level" stuff either not fitting and/or having QA problems on the DCs. I'm leaning towards Icons now but am not going to buy anything until this winter at the earliest (might try to get black Friday sales) so have plenty of time to plan things out :).

Understood on the sliders, funny about the filler plates. Makes me feel better about spending a hour on some stupid detail on a fab project that only I'm going to see/notice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94