Safari rack for 2004 - 2008 F150 Super Cab

dbhost

Okay dumb question. Most Safari racks I have seen are just simple racks with no means to attach them to a vehicle roof, instead relying on some sort of support such as an existing roof rack.

I am needing something more along the lines of a mounts TO the truck type attachment since my truck doesn't have a roof rack.

It might be easier to get advice for what I am trying to do if I just get straight to the point...

#1. My truck is a 2004 F150 Supercab XLT 4x4, no sunroof. No roof rack, nor do I know of any roof racks ever available for these.
#2. I am trying to end up with a Safari style cargo basket / rack that will in turn have a cargo bag inside it to hold soft goods,
#3. I would need to be able to mount a CB antenna to this, I suspect an old school antenna mount clamp would do, but I would need to route ground from there... This is to comply with both my 4x4, and hunt club rules. Mostly the same guys...
#4. I would like / need a fairing / wind deflector that would basically extend the rake of the windshield further and push airflow over the cargo bag, and keep air from smashing into the front of a tall contractor style camper shell / cap.
#5. The sides of the safari rack should have provisioning for holding recovery tools such as traction boards, Hi Lift jack etc...

What I have come accross so far is something called a Rhino Rack 2 bar roof rack system, and then a Safari rack which seems to be a "Universal Fit" kind of ordeal.

Is there a more proper made to fit off teh shelf solution?

My truck is similar to yours. I have Rhino Rack bars on a Chevy XC and like your Supercab, it has no B-pillar in front of the suicide doors. Without that pillar, the cab can have significant torsional “twist”. That’s a problem with the “compression” type attachment points for the rack. Nevertheless, I also use a Yakima basket attached to the rack, with a Yakima wind deflector mounted to the basket and extending down to the windshield. Virtually no noise. My hi-rise fiberglass canopy slants back fore-to-aft so there is a fairly smooth airflow profile. Be aware that there is a fairly low max load rating for the RR bars. I’ve considered permanent mounting points through the roof like Front Runner offers, but…I’m adverse to drilling through perfectly leak free sheet metal. I’ll see if I have any pics.

Not sure if you got anything, buy Gobi has what you're looking for. They maybe have something for your year model.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior