RVTrader, Earthroamer 57 $209k

zip

I prefer social distancing.
I follow ER57 on Ig, they are getting a new one (LTi #40) and selling the old.
Link to the RVTrader ad

lg?

I’ve had communication with the seller a couple of times on the ER forum.
Seems like a straight up kinda guy.
Don’t think you would find any surprises after purchase, and it appears he has done all necessary maintenance.

Bill darcangelo

lg?

I’ve had communication with the seller a couple of times on the ER forum.
Seems like a straight up kinda guy.
Don’t think you would find any surprises after purchase, and it appears he has done all necessary maintenance.
Would like to talk to him

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Nice rig and 5 minutes away - I'd lose the Keurig and finish the bulletproofing (not clear how much was done but it's pocket change compared to the total rig cost). Would prefer that 6.0 to the later motors.

Do these earlier ones actually have an A/C or is that a mistake on the ad?

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Who would finance one of these, since they dont have NADA values?

I dont know about the AC. But it looks like it does, the rectangular black vents above the stack of wardrobe drawers back by the rear entry side door.

AlaskaKid

I'm the owner of ER 57. It does have a Sharp air conditioner installed in the camper. I used the camper's AC in April in Galveston to escape the heat and humidity during a trip to the Texas Gulf Coast.

Financing for used EarthRoamers can be obtained; I easily financed ER 57 when I bought it used.

AlaskaKid

Thanks for the welcome. In 2015 I had EGR cooler failure so I Bulletproofed the EGR cooler and installed Sinister coolant filter. At the same time the engine was pulled as well to replace the secondary bed plate seal. And with the engine out and apart, every seal, gasket and component that could be upgraded was, with the exception of the studs. Total cost was about $7k for all the work. I don't stress the engine the way other users have who've experienced stud failure, so I didn't see the need to go that route, replacing the studs. I've driven 40,000 miles since then and haven't had any issues related to those repairs, and the master diesel tech who services this rig is pleased with how it's running now, so I think I made a reasonable decision back then.

Msand

Importer
I believe ER's 45 and lower are the ones highly susceptible to the frame bending and cracking, from being overweight with not enough frame reinforcement

Scottpyro

With experience in the Ford powerstroke world. I’ve had 7.3 6.0 and 6.4. Call nick at buds diesel in Huntington Beach so cal. they Bullit proofed my 6.0 cab off complete. For all the bashing the 6.0 gets the 06 and 07 are best and they are a beast when built right. Nick knows his business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles