Rust Treatment For Inside of Rack Tubing

greg.potter

Adventurer
Canadian winters are hard on powder coating. The photos below are of an 8 year old rack from a manufacturer with a pretty solid industry reputation. I am just about to pull the rack of my Jeep and have it blasted, treated and powder coated and it occurred to me what about the inside of the tubes.........

What have people done to re-condition / seal or otherwise carry out rust prevention on the interior of their steel tubing racks?
And yes I do know that aluminum doesn't rust.

Rack_Rust_01.jpgRack_Rust_02.jpgRack_Rust_03.jpg

greg.potter

Adventurer
Thanks for the responses and links. Sounds like pouring one of the waxy film products into the tubes and working it around might work well for me. Worth a try anyway. I think my next rack is going to be aluminum ...... unless I happen to move to to Arizona before I buy my next rack.?

Thanks for the responses and links. Sounds like pouring one of the waxy film products into the tubes and working it around might work well for me. Worth a try anyway. I think my next rack is going to be aluminum ...... unless I happen to move to to Arizona before I buy my next rack.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94