Russia. Republic Altai. 2019

alekseyklimov

Observer
Completely makes sense. And thank you for the information.

The site also mentions possessing the Russian equivalent of a "B" drivers license. How do you deal with this for foreigners? i.e. someone like me coming from Canada.

You should have only local "B" drivers license from your country.
Last time two drivers from Europe (Ireland and Switzerand) were in our Altai trip. There is no problem with this.

ITTOG

Wow, now this is a trip I would take. The mountains are my favorite. Not much of a fan of oceans.

jeepgc

Adventurer
Wow, thank you for posting one of your journeys, helped me get through my day.

What a great job you have, fantastic landscapes.

Look forward to seeing more (y)

alekseyklimov

Observer
In the photo, you can see a four-wheel-drive car with the SuperSelect drive type according to the mitsubishi classification or "full-time 4wd" according to the generally accepted one - that is, with an interaxial differential

So, we have a long and steep, but completely dry climb to the Katu-Yaryk pass (Altai). What transmission mode would you personally choose to climb, provided that the cars have automatic gearbox:
-2wd
-4wd
-4wd+low
Looking forward to your versions in the comments and preferably with explanations.

IMG_7060.jpg

alekseyklimov

Observer
4ccf925715af4b0943b572d14f09a91b.jpg

265813e90845cd9a040fb81faac40cc7.jpg

51bf430d4c18129b144daece2965af82.jpg

27aed30b9e50d7851d53978baa77254f.jpg

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
alekseyklimov

Amazing! just amazing!

Altai is basically Russian's Montana or Wyoming.
Do you guys have a language barrier when you visit there since the majority of the locals are of different background?
My mom visited Altai in 60's, as exchange student from Poland. She speaks Russian and she said she had trouble to communicate with locals back then.

alekseyklimov

Observer
alekseyklimov

Amazing! just amazing!

Altai is basically Russian's Montana or Wyoming.
Do you guys have a language barrier when you visit there since the majority of the locals are of different background?
My mom visited Altai in 60's, as exchange student from Poland. She speaks Russian and she said she had trouble to communicate with locals back then.

no one problem with language barrier now. All people of Republic Altai speaks Russian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles