Runva Winches, Any good?

Fatboyz

Observer
Anybody have experience with them? 11000 from Costco is reasonably priced. Read a few reviews and seem good. Supposed to be built in Australia?

C p weinberger

“Runva is a large international brand with an extensive distributor network set up in over 50 countries. Pioneers in winch manufacturing, the factory was established in 1997. Runva was the first professional winch manufacturer in China which has earned them a wealth of knowledge and experience. The large 36,000m2 factory is equipped with its’ own advanced Research and Development centre for careful product testing and development.

All winches are manufactured under strict quality control guidelines. With nearly 20 years’ experience in winch manufacturing, Runva is the brand that can offer you a reliable winch solution.”

Fatboyz

Observer
“Runva is a large international brand with an extensive distributor network set up in over 50 countries. Pioneers in winch manufacturing, the factory was established in 1997. Runva was the first professional winch manufacturer in China which has earned them a wealth of knowledge and experience. The large 36,000m2 factory is equipped with its’ own advanced Research and Development centre for careful product testing and development.

All winches are manufactured under strict quality control guidelines. With nearly 20 years’ experience in winch manufacturing, Runva is the brand that can offer you a reliable winch solution.”
Did you just quote that from a website? Have you used one or do you know anyone who has. Lots of websites out there, like Tinder!, who say one thing but the truth is a lot different.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Only place I've seen them in use is at Unidan Engineering in AUS; https://www.unidan.com.au/
These guys look to build some of the highest quality Unimog's in the USA, so I can only assume if Runva is good enough for them, they're good enough for most people.

LRNAD90

Adventurer
Looks like a Chinese company to me. Not really interested in what the quality is, when there are American Winch companies that make quality products. I try not to buy anything from China if there is an alternative available, especially an alternative from an American company. Unfortunately there are often times no real alternatives, especially with electronics, but when I can, I try not to send my money to China..

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Looks like a Chinese company to me. Not really interested in what the quality is, when there are American Winch companies that make quality products. I try not to buy anything from China if there is an alternative available, especially an alternative from an American company. Unfortunately there are often times no real alternatives, especially with electronics, but when I can, I try not to send my money to China..

You mean American winch companies which might be headquartered in the USA, but are actually sourcing all of their components from China anymore?

PS--I've been using ComeUp winches (Taiwan made) due to some innovations they had before the big 4letter company, and been happy with their products.

C p weinberger

Did you just quote that from a website? Have you used one or do you know anyone who has. Lots of websites out there, like Tinder!, who say one thing but the truth is a lot different.
I did get that quote from the Interne. I meant that only to answer your question where Runva are made, I do not know about the quality.
I understand your desire to buy products manufactured in America, Unfortunately I think it is very difficult to determine that these days. A lot of companies that say made in America really mean assembled in America, with most of the components manufactured overseas.

Fatboyz

Observer
I'm not as concerned with buying American made as that is pretty difficult these days as most components are assembled and built in China. I see lots of brands like champion sold at places Like Canadian Tire here in Canada. I saw this add for our local Costco stores for the Runva winch. Costco return and warranty is pretty bomb proof. Our local dealer for Warn is the one who told me about them now being made in China. We are purchasing a Warn Evo 12000S for our new rescue truck, but more because we get the winch at cost from this dealer. This Runva is about 450.00 cheaper than the warn and I need a winch for my own 550 Expedition truck.

Last edited:

LRNAD90

Adventurer
Seems like most of Warn's Winches are still manufactured in the USA (Link), appears the VR series is manufactured in China. Even so, when you buy products from an American company that manufactures in a foreign one, the profits are still going to a USA company, and the USA economy. China Company, Chinese economy. I'd love to see American companies stop the practice of manufacturing in other countries, particularly ones that are anti- America/Communist and would just assume kill off our way of life. Chipping away at our economy has always been their plan, and its been working very well, I just choose not to contribute when possible. Granted, it can be very difficult, particularly when it comes to electronics, but if I can buy an alternative product manufactured somewhere else (preferably USA, or at least non communist) I will..

Fatboyz

Observer
Seems like most of Warn's Winches are still manufactured in the USA (Link), appears the VR series is manufactured in China. Even so, when you buy products from an American company that manufactures in a foreign one, the profits are still going to a USA company, and the USA economy. China Company, Chinese economy. I'd love to see American companies stop the practice of manufacturing in other countries, particularly ones that are anti- America/Communist and would just assume kill off our way of life. Chipping away at our economy has always been their plan, and its been working very well, I just choose not to contribute when possible. Granted, it can be very difficult, particularly when it comes to electronics, but if I can buy an alternative product manufactured somewhere else (preferably USA, or at least non communist) I will..

Here's a link. Looks like the VR series are made in China.
The premium line Zeon are US made but are more than twice the price of the VR series.

Amazon price in Cdn dollars for the VR12S is 888.00 and the Zeon 12S is $2010.00.

LRNAD90

Adventurer
I guess I don't understand the confusion/argument. I noted that the VR winches appear to be made in China. I also understand that you pay less for items manufactured in China. It is my opinion (and yours may vary), that this is how they have established their economic dominance, at the expense of their people, which they could care less about, except as bodies for manufacturing, their military and tax base. Unfortunately consumers in general seem to be short sighted, and care mostly about the cost, not the long term damage (or even inferiority of the product) to the US economy and ultimately their own way of life.

This consumer mentality has made China an economic success (and possibly threat to world peace as a result). Walmart's success shows this clearly as well, its all about how cheaply you can buy something, no one cares where it came from or how saving a couple of dollars effect the US economy (and few even seem to care about the quality).

If you want to live in that kind of society, continue to support it, eventually ours will cease to exist, and future American generations may end up living that way as well..

roving1

I guess I don't understand the confusion/argument. I noted that the VR winches appear to be made in China. I also understand that you pay less for items manufactured in China. It is my opinion (and yours may vary), that this is how they have established their economic dominance, at the expense of their people, which they could care less about, except as bodies for manufacturing, their military and tax base. Unfortunately consumers in general seem to be short sighted, and care mostly about the cost, not the long term damage (or even inferiority of the product) to the US economy and ultimately their own way of life.

This consumer mentality has made China an economic success (and possibly threat to world peace as a result). Walmart's success shows this clearly as well, its all about how cheaply you can buy something, no one cares where it came from or how saving a couple of dollars effect the US economy (and few even seem to care about the quality).

If you want to live in that kind of society, continue to support it, eventually ours will cease to exist, and future American generations may end up living that way as well..

That one of those American made Land Rovers in your avatar?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Applauding your support of the USA/economy LRNAD90. That being said, it seems to be more difficult than ever to know where many parts (for any manufacturer/company, headquartered/based wherever) are coming from. Look at the supplier list for a newly built vehicle, American, European(including Porsche!), Asian; easily 10+ different countries from all over the world(including some less desirable politics-wise) supplying the parts.
"Ford's main parts suppliers, along with the parts they supply, are as follows:
  • Flex-N-Gate Seeburn, Ontario, Canada: door hinges and arms.
  • NHK Spring, Shiga-ken, Japan: suspension stabilizer linkages.
  • U-Shin Europe, Komárom-Esztergom, Hungary: steering columns.
  • Valeo Electric and Electronic Systems, Czechowice-Dziedzice, Poland: starter assemblies.
  • Webasto Roof & Components, Schierling, Germany: sliding sunroofs.
  • Summit Plastics, Nanjing, China: instrument panel components.
  • Dee Zee, Des Moines, Iowa: running boards.
  • Warn Industries, Milwaukie, Oregon: axle assemblies.
  • Chaidneme, Carabobo, Venezuela: mufflers and exhaust systems.
  • Autoliv, Valencia, Spain: airbags"

Sign of a global economy.

...Back to the Runva winch question of the OP; seems to be well regarded brand by some leaders in the 4x4 world.

Fatboyz

Observer

As far as the US economy goes I live in Canada. We try to buy American Made products but you tax the ******** out of us, your Neighbor. I can't even drive down and buy any firearms products , Ammunition or reloading components because its illegal for me to take them out of the US, or possess them in the US. It would sure be nice to see some of that cleared up and maybe more US products would be available. I see you like the British made land rovers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles