rubicon run

cap510

Adventurer
Last time we met at the San Mateo 4wd expo some guys from here were interested in running the rubicon this year.

I wanted to see who is interested on running the Rubicon early this year when it opens up.

let me know who's interested and we can plan dates.

minimum requirements are as follow:
- 33" AT tires (mud prefer)
- rear locker
- rock sliders
- cb/frs
- great attitude
- willing to get down n dirty. ;)
- not afraid of body damage

Last edited:

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
I AM!

cm-27376-050847eec52c0e_zps1119e2e4.gif

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Hey Cap,

Didn't you buy Dat's rig a while back? Anyway...I'm very interested but I need to go as late in the year as possible. I won't have the truck prepared until mid-summer. Do you know when the trail "closes" or becomes impassable due to weather?

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Oh, OK. I remember when Dat got that thing through Isham Canyon w/ Lloyd. I took one look at the V-notch and I was like..."OK, so this is apparently where I turn around." lol! :)

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Yeah, I probably would have turned around at well LOL although since there were no pics, it's hard to say for sure.

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I'll say this much. Isham itself is about 1 mile long. It took us 16 hours to get back to camp, 14 hours of which was spent in that 1-mile section of Isham. Justice was there too but he was nearly stock at the time and also turned around when it got hairy. I recall at least 1 flat, and a good deal of winching. It was a test of patience like no other I've seen.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I recall Lloyd raving about how crazy it was. You gonna do the Sierras this year when Lloyd gets his new rig?

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I recall Lloyd raving about how crazy it was. You gonna do the Sierras this year when Lloyd gets his new rig?

I might be up for it, it just depends on the specific routes and what I've got done to the truck by then. I was planning to keep it fairly mild, partially because I've always enjoyed doing "more with less," and partially because it's going to split DD status for a while.

All I was planning to do was some sliders, low profile bumpers, 33's, and an Aussie in the front. The only thing I'd shy away from is a route that has serious risk of substantial body damage. I'm not really worried about the drive line, nor do I care about needing a tug here or there. How about you...you gonna go? What month was he planning on? I used to live in the foothills of the Sierras (Sonora), so I know they get a TON of snow in the winter! I think this was in Aug or Sept...

HolyJimandBendeFarm045.jpg

cap510

Adventurer
OK Guys, June is around the corner and I need to know who is really down to go on this trip.
I like to suggest the weekend of the 22nd.

Please reply if you are planning on going... We need to start planing ASAP.

Last edited:

loremordred

Observer
I don't think I will have the money for that. I have Grasscat's old rig, but I would like to put under armor on it, and I have 32"s on my it. I don't know if I will have the money and gear all set by then, since I am going check-to-check right now. Once I get some more influx, or a different job, I can have a definite answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles