rubicon run

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I don't think I will have the money for that. I have Grasscat's old rig, but I would like to put under armor on it, and I have 32"s on my it. I don't know if I will have the money and gear all set by then, since I am going check-to-check right now. Once I get some more influx, or a different job, I can have a definite answer.

I'm in the same boat. Lloyd has a trip set for September as well...I think that's a more realistic timeline for me. It's just a lot of mileage (500 miles to the trailhead from here). Gonna take some financial planning. :( I'm out for this date. Have fun and be safe!

wgyouree

KK6LZW
Hey Cap, I'm in again! Glad to see my rig made the highlight reel :) My favorite of those pics is your rig on Cadillac Hill, leaned quite a bit to the side but no troubles, even loaded to the gills :)

cap510

Adventurer
Hey Cap, I'm in again! Glad to see my rig made the highlight reel :) My favorite of those pics is your rig on Cadillac Hill, leaned quite a bit to the side but no troubles, even loaded to the gills :)

Yeah, great time! cant wait to do it again!

OK guys, we need to make sure that if you are planning on going, please let me know asap.
The trip is month away so better get going with any preparation!

eurosonic, please pm me your phone number.

for those of you that are on the fence... IT'S GONNA BE FUN! :)

DSC08014.jpgDSC08005.jpgDSC08009.jpg

cap510

Adventurer
So the plan is to drive to camp on thursday the 20th and start the trail on Friday the 21st, camp somewhere on the trail and finish up saturday and camp one more night before driving home sunday.

so far we got 4 trucks confirmed.

cap510

Adventurer
So, are you going Ray, off-roader?
If so please post so we can get a head count! I Know you are around....

Looks ike we gonna have 5-7 trucks on this trip!

I always miss these threads a day late!

Been wanting to run the con for a few months now, and I just missed the Rubithon last weekend.

Any more trips coming up? Its only an hour from where I am anyway.

cap510

Adventurer
Hey Guys, here is a short video of my truck going on the 1st set of obstacles (where eurosonic puncture his tire) at the beginning of the CON via Wentworth Springs rd.
I'll upload a few more videos and some pics later.
It was a blast, too bad I was the only Montero to finished the trail. We were suppose to have 8 rigs but only 6 showed up.
We lost 1 Montero the 1st day and a TOY the second. We end up with 4 trucks at the end of the trail.
We camped Thursday Night at the south fork camp and went thru the springs entrance Friday and we came out via Loon Lake, it was a nice loop!
We went back in Sat via Wentworth and this time continued on till BUCK island lake and camp there.
Sunday we started pretty early and run into a bunch of land cruisers going up Cadillac Hill.
My upper heater hose fail on the trail but was able to do a "trail fix" and made it all the way home with it.

CAN'S WAIT TO GO BACK AGAIN SOON!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq36WKHgsaI&feature=youtube_gdata

off-roader

Expedition Leader
As usual that was an awesome job Carlos! Who was the videographer btw? Great angle! Really accentuates the steep angle of ascent....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles