RTT.. yet again..

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Does anyone have ANY suggestions on how I can get a replacement cover? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Starting to show some bald spots from pulling my hair out over this issue!!
Remmie

Why dont you look into getting a cover from the other vendors other than camping lab. I believe they are all the same tent. You can probably get the cover from ARB too.

http://www.cartopcamper.com/index_files/CarTopCamper_Roof_Top_Tent_Accessories.htm#Replacement travel cover

http://www.highcamptnt.com/index.htm

jensjakob

Durability?

I am in the process of choosing a RTT.

I do like the Campinglab 71" version.

But - what are peoples experiences with long term durability?

I'd like to see it last at least 5-6 years with that pricetag - and hopefully even maybe 10?

best regards
Jens Jakob Andersen
Copenhagen, Denmark

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for the comments on the Howling Moon tents, guys. we do feel like we are the superior quality manufacturer and if you're looking for a fine tent to last a long time, this is it! We consider our tents a lifetime tent, and with the correct care, you will be using it often for the next 15 years.
Remember, we are the #1 choice for safari outfitters and 4x4 rental companies in Africa. Says a lot!

jensjakob

What is the thickness of the base of the Howling moon tent?

And what is the weight?

Plywood is quite heavy stuff....

Best regards

Jens Jakob

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
What is the thickness of the base of the Howling moon tent?

And what is the weight?

Plywood is quite heavy stuff....

Best regards

Jens Jakob
Hi Jens,
Not to hijack the OP's thread; but here's an answer. The Howling Moon base is a little over an inch thick. It is an aluminium and foam/wood-core base. We actually developed these bases which are now being copied by most other makers. It originally comes from the walls of the camper trailers from our sister company, Jurgens.
Yes, plywood is heavy. However, the overall weight does not change that much. We're still looking at about 130lb for the 1.4 tourer tent.

dippitydoo

I have the medium camping lab and I love it. I almost wish I got the smaller version though. The only thing that sucks about any RTT in general (for me) is getting it on and off the truck. I have to have a buddy stop by and help. I think it's the same as anything; take care of it and it will last a long time. I had never seen a RTT in person before I bought the camping lab, but I can't imagine it having any problems. Maybe if a tree fell on it or I was in an accident while it was mounted. There are 2 things though that drive me nuts about the RTT and that is 1. no interior light (I have a magnetic led lamp, works just fine) and 2. the ladder only "locks" in one place. I'm going to measure and drill a few other holes so I can "lock" the ladder at different lengths. Example: Mounting it on top of the Isuzu Trooper I need the full ladder. Mounting it off the bed of my Tacoma I need only half the ladder. Easy fix for both though.

dwatsonkc

Stilwell, KS
I've had my Camping lab tent on 5 trips. It's great. I did notice on my last trip to WY what we had a hard rain the canvas was wet. So wet, it was wet inside and the foam seemed to be damp. I bought a waterproof spray so we'll see how that works.

Also, getting out at night to do your (thing) is kinda a pain.... just a RTT thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior