RTT mattress thickness

jjmoss99

Observer
I have a Tepui Explorer Ayer RTT and would like to upgrade\add more comfort to the mattress. I've read numerous threads and have been looking at some of the 1.5" memory toppers on Amazon. If i add that to the top of the OEM mattress would this be too thick for the RTT to close? Would a pillow and sleeping bags still fit inside while closed? What have other people ran into? Thanks.

Justin

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I have found leaving my double sleeping bag and two pillows is the maximum for compression and I have to “prefold” them to ensure proper positioning, spacing. A 1.5” memory foam topper atop the existing 2” pad gives you 7”, and a smidge for a set of sheets and a condensation mat and you’re right at the spacing between the folded floor panels. I’m toying with getting a new mattress as my stock ARB just doesn’t cut it. I’m using a double width self-inflating pad now but hate it. The cover is just too hot in warmer weather. If you find a firm yet cushing alternative, let me know!

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
I believe your RTT is very similar to our Shittybilt in size etc. We use a 3” memory foam from Amazon on top of the mattress that came w the RTT. It’s shorter so pillows fit great also have full size sheets on the topper. It closes fine it’s def thicker and we have to pull it down tighter if that makes sense but closes level.

Full / Double Size 3 Inch iSoCore 3.0 Memory Foam Mattress Pad, Bed Topper, Overlay Made From 100% Temperature Sensitive Memory Foam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94