RTIC Coolers

thefishhawk

Adventurer
I ordered from RTIC's website, seems like it took about a day and a half for it to get picked up and start moving, but then I could see the updates. Ordered late on a Monday night, had it Thursday.

My 65 qt came on Friday. Pretty shoddy quality... crooked decal, looks like an 5 year old with an angle grinder cleaned up the mold flashing, top is a different shade than the bottom, a gap at the gasket seam, locking holes not lining up, and the lower half is full of fine surface porosity. The latter is not something desirable when you're going from quartered out deer to beer from use to use.

I'm sending it back, I'll keep using my Coleman extremes until something better comes along. I'm sure the prices will keep falling especially once the maket gets saturated.

Honu

lost on the mainland
post detailed photos of all those flaws please :)
mine was just fine :)

YETi a HUGE part of me is thinking yet another yeti employee or fan hahahaha
come to bash things with one post !!!

at least sounds like NO WAY would you ever buy a Yeti (over priced does not hold ice etc.. ) since the coleman does just fine !

every coleman I have had hinges break lock never really works and there really is no seal ? and NO WAY would I use for hunting and drinks etc.. no way
since the two always go in hand ? you need two coolers at least :)

so according to ModernOutdoorsMan
buy a coleman for the hunting and a RTIC for your food and drinks :)

My 65 qt came on Friday. Pretty shoddy quality... crooked decal, looks like an 5 year old with an angle grinder cleaned up the mold flashing, top is a different shade than the bottom, a gap at the gasket seam, locking holes not lining up, and the lower half is full of fine surface porosity. The latter is not something desirable when you're going from quartered out deer to beer from use to use.

I'm sending it back, I'll keep using my Coleman extremes until something better comes along. I'm sure the prices will keep falling especially once the maket gets saturated.

Last edited:

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
No kidding, another pathetic single and first post. Strange indeed. My RTIC is perfect.

IMG_7072.jpg

IMG_7071.jpg

IMG_7074.jpg

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg

IMG_7073.jpg

Nope, just a long time lurker with a bad handle trying to inform others that RTIC relies on their customers for quality control.

But thanks for not being a di<k or anything like that. Makes a guy feel welcome.

Btw, you guys might want to stock up on any replacement parts you might need in the future. Gaskets, handles, latches, drain plugs, lids, etc. I have the feeling they won't have any of those available in the future.

Bigunit

Adventurer
Btw, you guys might want to stock up on any replacement parts you might need in the future. Gaskets, handles, latches, drain plugs, lids, etc. I have the feeling they won't have any of those available in the future.
...why do that...these things are designed for planned obsolescence and just means it's time and gives me an excuse to buy a newer, better one and use the old one for a planter to grow tomatoes in my hydroponic greenhouse.

perterra

Adventurer

Nah, no reason to worry, they use Yeti parts. :xxrotflma

Honu

lost on the mainland
WOW first time for everything :)
sorry for trying to be funny so no worries mate :) ya got to admit ironic timing and first post :) sure ya can understand with the others 1 post slam thing in this thread :)
I think if you have been lurking you know us that we help etc.. and sometimes have to be sarcastic etc.. :)

got to admit saw your response and bust out laughing like OH WOW it was a real person this time !!!! :)

yeah ya got a bad one ?
and yeah I would be returning asking for exchange

so curious what did they say when you contacted them ? were they cool about it or resistant etc...
to me its more how a company reacts and responds than anything if I dump them or not and ask them to return that one and ship a new one with no cost to you ?

still going to stand with NO WAY when we hunted fished all the time would I ever cross use coolers and my colemans are nothing like rotomold for sealing durability and yeah prices are coming down this one and the walmart one etc...

hope it all works out :)

Nope, just a long time lurker with a bad handle trying to inform others that RTIC relies on their customers for quality control.

But thanks for not being a di<k or anything like that. Makes a guy feel welcome.

Last edited:

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
A long time lurker and your first 3 posts are about a slightly off decal and small finish issues that wouldn't effect the coolers ability to do it's job with zero mention of calling the manufacturer or vendor you purchased it through to give them a chance to fix the problem? It would be understandable if you said hey, I called them and they said **** so you were here to complain. As it stands you posted to tell us your first thought was to log on to a website, seek out an ongoing RTIC thread and complain without giving the mfg or seller a chance to make it right? I've had way more expensive **** than a cooler have issues and simply gone back to the people that made the product for a resolution but that's just me.

TacomaAustin

Observer
Actually, I'd be a bit ticked off if I was the one to receive a cooler with the finish work that was as rough around the edges as posted above. That type of workmanship is definitely sub par.

perterra

Adventurer
Actually, I'd be a bit ticked off if I was the one to receive a cooler with the finish work that was as rough around the edges as posted above. That type of workmanship is definitely sub par.

I think the price of the product is probably considered sub par too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles