RTIC 65 vs Fridge

rickc

Adventurer
Elfmaze: maybe apples/oranges; the power consumption for the 65DZ may be absolute max, both sides freezing whereas the 65DW maybe an average value.

Elfmaze

Observer
I tried calling today and never got through to anyone. But both should be able to freeze and besides the removable wall to differences I can see

Elfmaze

Observer
Our trailer has a perfect spot for the RTIC 65, and I'm considering replacing it with a fridge.

Thanks

After the week of research I ended up buying a Whynter FM-62dz. Its a bit higher draw, but that looks like it can be mitigated with some custom insulation. the dual door and individual thermostats should lead to better door opening efficiency... ie. keep food on the big side and drinks on the small side.

I got it for $850 from amazon with a four year warrantee from Ashiron, probably not the best price out there this time of year and I'm usually not a fan of the extended stuff, but expecting this thing to have a decently rough life and $25 a year to cover fixing it sounds like a deal. also at year five Whynter seems to offer the parts fairly cheap to attempt a fix yourself ie. ~$30 for a new control board.

Good luck in you hunt!

ArkansasDon

Observer
we use both 12v. Engel MR040 Eclipse 40qt fridg\freez & roto-molded coolers. IMO we "the wife & I" feel a good 12v. fridg\freez has it place: cooling perishables has no worries of wet soggy items with a 12v. fridge\freez. We bought sealable small tubs that can be stacked for space saving room along with condiments & vegetables can be stored at a normal household refriderator temp's.
Now the ice coolers IMO their isn't anything better than iced down drinks: beer, soda & other beverages along with whole or half melons: watermelon & cantaloupe. We own a few roto-molded coolers in various size's: K2 Summit 70qt with removable divider, Canyon 22qt & a Pelican Elite 30qt. They both 12v. fridg\freez & roto-molded coolers have their down falls as well as their assets.
37142647_1746681008714099_2136989518182481920_n.jpg008.JPG016.JPG

Reactions: MCX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94