RSI SmartCap vs Leer vs ARE for build out?

rehammer81

That inner lip along the length of the rail, is it structural in any way? I ask because I want to do an RSI Smartcap with a TopperLift on my 2016 Ram Power Wagon with the 6'4" bed with RamBox. I would need to cut that lip off so I can bolt on the wider plate that is the width of the RamBox bed rail.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

UglyViking

That inner lip along the length of the rail, is it structural in any way? I ask because I want to do an RSI Smartcap with a TopperLift on my 2016 Ram Power Wagon with the 6'4" bed with RamBox. I would need to cut that lip off so I can bolt on the wider plate that is the width of the RamBox bed rail.

I wouldn't take anyone's word for that here without also contacting rsi and asking.

That said, I'd guess it's to both center the cap and also help prevent it from spreading under weight. Mine are a little ways from the bed rails though so it's just a guess.

jadmt

ignore button user
I wouldn't take anyone's word for that here without also contacting rsi and asking.

That said, I'd guess it's to both center the cap and also help prevent it from spreading under weight. Mine are a little ways from the bed rails though so it's just a guess.
Ditto

Mdsertell

That looks awesome!!
Mine is on order along with the roof rack. Can’t wait to get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jadmt

ignore button user

here is what it looks like from underneath. I imagine it could be done but you would almost certainly void your warranty. weight on the RSI is 268lbs according to RSI.
F17DF471-C7BA-4747-A55E-84D041C49834.jpeg

jadmt

ignore button user
Is 268lbs what they say the weight is for power wagon model? Have you noticed any sway after adding it?
yes it is listed on their website they list both shipping weight and assembled weight. I can not even tell it is on there, on road or off road. The positive vent feature works as advertised too. Very little dust inside the topper.IMG_20220608_151536846.jpgIMG_20220608_151547034.jpg

ekim952522000

yes it is listed on their website they list both shipping weight and assembled weight. I can not even tell it is on there, on road or off road. The positive vent feature works as advertised too. Very little dust inside the topper.View attachment 727230View attachment 727231
That’s fantastic, good to hear. Did you use weather stripping on tailgate? I have been wondering if the vent works.

Also do you have the third brake light cargo camera? My power wagon will be here in the next 2 weeks and I was curious if the camera would allow me to see into the cab through the little window.

Edit: Also your suspension is all stock right?

Last edited:

jadmt

ignore button user
That’s fantastic, good to hear. Did you use weather stripping on tailgate? I have been wondering if the went works.

Also do you have the third brake light cargo camera? My power wagon will be here in the next 2 weeks and I was curious if the camera would allow me to see into the cab through the little window.

Edit: Also your suspension is all stock right?
The RSI comes with weather stripping built into the rear door so nothing extra needed on the tailgate. I have stock suspension and run two sets of tires and wheels depending on what I am doing, the stock set and also Toyo 35's on AEV wheels. I do not have a cargo camera but I know the little window does work for the cargo area as my buddy had the cargo camera and he could see his cargo area fine when he had his.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94