RSI Smartcap questions?

Any updates on RSI cap leaks or timing of when they might have upgraded (non freezing) locks included with new purchases? Or other non-fiberglass cap options coming out in the next 6-12 months that are similar and don't have an integrated camper/tent top? Looking for an F150.

Also, seem to remember seeing a pic of an RSI smart cap being suspended from the top of the cap (as opposed to any straps or clips under the bottom of the cap?? Love the idea of being able to lift the cap from a couple screwed in lifting points on the top of the cap. Seems that would improve the ability to get the cap off and lift it to a garage ceiling as opposed to use of straps under a cap like I've used with previous fiberglass caps. Anyone know if this is actually a possibility? Or am I creating memories based on my wishful thinking?

jadmt

ignore button user
Any updates on RSI cap leaks or timing of when they might have upgraded (non freezing) locks included with new purchases? Or other non-fiberglass cap options coming out in the next 6-12 months that are similar and don't have an integrated camper/tent top? Looking for an F150.

Also, seem to remember seeing a pic of an RSI smart cap being suspended from the top of the cap (as opposed to any straps or clips under the bottom of the cap?? Love the idea of being able to lift the cap from a couple screwed in lifting points on the top of the cap. Seems that would improve the ability to get the cap off and lift it to a garage ceiling as opposed to use of straps under a cap like I've used with previous fiberglass caps. Anyone know if this is actually a possibility? Or am I creating memories based on my wishful thinking?
mine has not leaked a drop and they will send you lock covers if you ask. there are rails on top with 4 nuts included per side for cross bars but would be easy to screw in some eye bolts so it would be easy to suspend it from the top. you can add more nuts in the rails to even out the load if you wanted but the full size topper only weighs 268 lbs so not a lot of weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94