RRC half shafts wanted

James86004

Expedition Leader
I am having trouble located a set of used half shafts for the rear of our 1992 Range Rover. These are the 10 spline ones for ABS, used on 1990 to partway through 1993. I want to put something stronger in there, but don't want to rush the decision and need to get mobile. New ones are expensive enough that I want to consider alternatives.

I have one friend who sent his to the recycler last month, another who has a set but couldn't find them after looking all weekend. And I also have a lot of other people who have offered their 24 spline or non-ABS 10 spline shafts.

Thanks,

James
DSC06358.jpg

Last edited:

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
go to the junkyard. get a disco 24 spline diff and shafts. It'll work fine with the ABS and be stronger.

I did it to the front of my 1993. It had 10 spline shafts up front for some reason. I've since done it to the rear as well.

James86004

Expedition Leader
I would do that, but it has a locking diff which I would lose. Yes, that probably contributed to the breakage, but the PO installed it 15 years ago, we have owned it for 6, so I would say the shafts are strong enough for on the order of a decade.

James86004

Expedition Leader
Both. The long side twisted and failed, the short side is also twisted but still capable of transmitting a wee bit of torque.

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Call Gord'n Perrot at Lamorna Garage in Seattle. He used to have about 20 of each.

James86004

Expedition Leader
There's a name I have not heard in a while. I didn't know Gord'n was still around.

I managed to source a set out of Arkansas, so I I set for now.

Thanks,

James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles