Roverking 4 Seasons Off-road Truck Camper

Beowulf

Expedition Leader

This seems like a great setup and a direct competitor to the Alu-Cab.

1652312865886.png
1652312880623.png
x1652312839278.png

Last edited:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
RoverKing offers a new range of accessibility because of its small size and ultra-lightweight. It makes truck camping more accessible by fitting all mid-sized trucks. Its standard package is only 640 lbs and the premium-plus package is 684 lbs. Now, you can pack more gear and worry less about payload capacities on your off-grid explorations.
Before placing your order, please check the fitting of your truck to the RoverKing camper’s dimensions from the technical drawings below or ask us about the suitability for the fitting in your vehicle.

The RoverKing camper has two separate sleeping areas that comfortably sleep 3-4 people. The bed near the entrance converts into a seating area with a dining table. Enjoy scenic views while drinking your morning coffee!

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
They say they won't make it to Flagstaff for Expo 2022, but will likely be at the Loveland Expo 2022.

Last edited:

Vst

The prices are actually really good I priced out an alu cab and it came out to be about $17k for the camper the 270 awning and tire carrier. For $20k you get a full interior build that’s not bad

dstock

Explorer
I've been looking at these as well, looking forward to seeing a version for full size trucks. I want a lightweight slide in that I can remove and still use my truck as a truck, but that I can store outside. Lot of great camper shells from AT, Alu-Cab, Superpacific, but I wouldn't want to store them outside. FWC slide-ins are heavier that what I am looking for and very pricey!

Unfortunately, I can't make Flagstaff Expo but this give me an excuse to hit Loveland!

Timjab

Sign me up for a full size version. Minimalism. Great rear hatch. reasonable pricing. Light weight. Looks sharp also. Would love to see one up close.

coguzzi

Adventurer
I like everything i see, with one exception.. the way the did the windows in the poptop. i see exterior roll up which i think is the clear plastic for when its raining with velcro. then inside i see roll down which i assume is fabric for black out curtain. my problem is having been around the older four wheel campers when i was servicing them and when they tried the exterior roll up window thing. problem #1 is with the exterior ones since they are so high you cant just reach them, probably stand on the wheel or door sill to reach, or you need a ladder. #2, is velcro is a wonderful and also a terrible thing (tom, old owner of FWC talks about it in the video somewhere). sometimes the velcro would stick together preventing you from raising the top, then the velcro outside collects all the cotton wood fuzzies and no longer works. FWC changed back to an all interior system (how the originals were) after just a few years

Past that, i think it looks like a wonderful new option and actually interested since i own a gladiator now. so im just giving some feedback to maybe help improve the product past proto. glad to see more and more canadian product (since it is where i live right now). i think all in all a great job

bmacw

This camper is made in Turkey. It's a well known unit. You can find tons of info by its European name 'Capra Camper'. Roverking is just the NA distributor of this unit.

The current EU model has built-in diesel heater and pass through port for the two front anchors they also have slightly bigger solar panels. As far as I know, roverking is selling the v1.0

I have one on pre-order.

brookie0907

It seems they have changed their product to a wedge slide in camper. Interesting if legit.

dstock

Explorer
We ended up getting a FWC Project M a year ago. I see Roverking finally came out with a full-size version but we're pretty happy with the Project M and it weighs half as much. I don't think I want to go heavier given our Ram 1500 payload and I prefer the full popup to the wedge design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles