Rover Classic as a dealer?

MDRanger

Has anyone ever bought/dealt with Rover Classic in New Jersey? I'm looking to get an older discovery and they seem to have a lot in stock, bought, etc. Wanted to get a feel as some reviews spell disaster while others rave about them. Obviously its an old Land Rover so theres that risk but any info would be appreciated! thanks

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
They are Expensive and have mixed review online. I almost bought a 97 Disco from them right before I get my 300TDI. but no real first hand knowledge sooo , really nothing I said will help you.

al415

Observer
I bought a disco from them a few years ago and it was mechanically solid. However...

There was a fair bit of bondo and bubble gum type "repairs" on cracked trim pieces (windshield / A & B pillar etc)

Also, I went there in person and test drove several trucks. The first 3 all had audible cooling or transmission issues that the sales person attempted to gaslight me about. I ended up buying the most solid truck out of the selection I drove. So, unless you can go there, I'd be cautious to buy without an inspection and test drive.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
I almost bought a 96' Disco with a manual transmission around 2013.
It was cash only. I had that cash and lived across the bridge in Brooklyn.
There were mixed reviews about the guy(s) who run it and the dealership. It changed my mind.

MDRanger

I bought a disco from them a few years ago and it was mechanically solid. However...

There was a fair bit of bondo and bubble gum type "repairs" on cracked trim pieces (windshield / A & B pillar etc)

Also, I went there in person and test drove several trucks. The first 3 all had audible cooling or transmission issues that the sales person attempted to gaslight me about. I ended up buying the most solid truck out of the selection I drove. So, unless you can go there, I'd be cautious to buy without an inspection and test drive.
Thanks, thats what I was worried about, I would probably be able to get there and test drive if it wasn't for COVID

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior