ROUTE 66: Oklahoma to Kansas to Missouri

Time to go to the World War I museum. I recommend to anybody. Great place. Read up on it to see more about it.

VlG1KhH.jpg

AIgyz34.jpg

Below this glass walkway are poppies (flowers). There are 9,000 of them representing the 9 million US men and women who died during this war. And they told us there were about 4 million innocent civilian deaths.
iUVN8cR.jpg

And these are the poppies
Kc49Z2h.jpg

Then went to West Plaza in town for some shopping and happen to park next to Tesla mini dealership. I just had to go in and sit in the car and get lectured. Pretty cool car. Starting at $70,000, they told us. Surprised to see there is nothing in the engine compartment in the front or in the trunk.

sVMG8KT.jpg

d3tQwm5.jpg

FQ792tP.jpg

QHSNG3U.jpg

FaKX5LU.jpg

Today, I decided to do a 8 hours round trip journey to do the whole of Route 66 in Missouri. What a trip. It was great. I ended in Illinois then had to turn back.

On my way back, the trip was a lot of fun. There were a lot of trucks on the road. I mean I have never seen so many 18 wheelers before. I had my CB radio on channel 19 and it was very interesting. These truckers were cursing at cars that were ahead of them and slowing them down. Also, one great thing was these truckers kept on pointing every single location where the cops were hiding. And it gave me good alert.

Since I was getting all this information from the truckers, I was very cautious. Other people were just zooming past me and so 2 people got pulled over next to me. One person who overtook me trying to speed away was clocked by a cop. And another gaining speed from behind me did not know the cop was at the gas station on the ramp and he was clocking people from behind. Too bad these guys did not cb radios so they were caught and were pulled over.

The world's largest rocker, in Cuba, MO.

I you travel this road, make sure to stop here and visit the outpost store next to it. It was a great attraction. And do not shoplift as there is a warning of what will happen to you if you do!!!

wGqS2na.jpg

c0Pph6a.jpg

jlN891e.jpg

B4m6jwC.jpg

9lV0Xg4.jpg

Last edited:
The Missouri side. Not a good place to park and visit the bridge. Besides, no designated place to park. This is where a lot of people break into visitors cars. So, do not leave your car unattended here to visit the bridge. Go across state line into Illinois. They even warn you not to park here on the Missouri side.

e7DfwdP.jpg

qVt4a70.jpg

LDCCXor.jpg

Crossing over to the Illinois side
gJS7krq.jpg

Yesterday, I did my 11 hours drive from Missouri back to Texas. It was raining the whole trip. And of course I was not surprised to see the tons of wrecks I saw on the freeway. And a few people stuck in the grass area off the median, trying to cross from the freeway to the median. Traffic was horrible at all the spots with accidents. A fee 4x4 did some illegal turns and went across the wet grass in 4x4 so they could get on the feeder and drive past traffic. It was crazy. Some few suvs tried to follow and got stuck, they did not know the other cars were 4x4. And some cars too. I think some wrecking companies probably made a lot of money yesterday sunday on the freeway.

hir2iYf.jpg

MwKZxIi.jpg

6Hq2SNl.jpg

54uOBU1.jpg

Last edited:
I plan to do the other parts of Route 66 on some other trips or trips some day in the future, if I get the time from work. If anybody is interested in driving the mother road, Route 66, and want to get more info on the route, feel free to go to the link below. It has basically the whole information you will ever need to navigate the whole route.
http://forum.historic66.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6706

And these maps are very useful to show you the whole Route from start to finish. I pulled this up on my phone and I was on real time travel and could follow the map as I was seeing the route on my phone and just following it. It worked great on my trip.
http://www.drivingroute66.com/route-66-maps/

cobra_4

Observer
Very cool! Love me some Route 66. I had a chance to explore a little bit back in 2011 when we went to St Louis on our honeymoon. I spent more of my time on local roads but did venture out to the route 66 state park. I never went did make it to the bridge in st louis though, wish I had of!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles