RotoTrax, where are the reviews?

MiamiC70

Ok, these look interesting and priced right.
Where are the reviews?
Where are the YouTube shills?

WOODY2

Adventurer
I would suggest the real trick here is for them to figure a mount that works with the fuel containers on the vehicle.

drrobinson

Given my history with their fuel cans, I won’t be testing these. I finally went back to Wavian cans because Rotopax leak so bad regardless of how diligent I was about venting.

I’m afraid traction boards are definitely “buy once, cry once” territory (ala Maxtrax). Checkout Rony Dahl’s review for some eye-opening test footage of several different knockoffs. https://youtu.be/SntXKcKKvW8

I resisted for a long time, but it’s a purchase I can live with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rnArmy

Adventurer
I'm not excited about them just by looking at the link given. And the Rotopax mounting brackets are expensive at around $55 (this is just one site doing a quick google search).

I don't like the looks of the big cut-outs in the center of the boards (see picture below from their website).

My opinion (FWIW) either go all out and get the MaxTrax (the gold standard), or if you're on a budget and are a weekend-warrior (like me), go with X-Bulls.

I'm sure they'd work though - just as well as the X-Bulls (which are even cheaper than the Rototrax).

Rototrax boards.PNG

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
Lot of people seem to pay top dollar for them then don't talk them up afterward.
But I don't see anyone talking about a plastic failure, either.

dsheber

My RotoTrax have held up well, used then to level up a few deep V notches and they've held up well to level the truck for camping. No cracking, a little flexy tho. I don't have experience with Maxtrax so my flexy comment is just an observation. I like the price and I was set up for Rotopax so a no brainer. 2 cents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles